Dead Screen, Tips for Restoring New X?

Sloveni4n

Reaction score
My apologies if this has already been asked, I could not seem to find it.

The screen went on my Droid X--completely black, unresponsive to touch. I did all the basic troubleshooting, rebooting, etc. I went to Verizon today and a new Droid will be mailed and received on Tuesday.

My question: Is there any way to update/restore the new phone to the previous sync of the 'old' phone? IE, apps, notes, etc.? If not, going forward, what does the community feel are the best apps out there for backup/restoring? Thanks for the info.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Well yes, Titanium Backup (Paid version is worth the money), but you are kind of out of luck at this point, since your screen doesn't work. In the future, buy TB, set it up to back up the system, it will back it up 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 times a week depending on what you choose, and all the files will go to your sd card. There you go!!

CxUNG

Reaction score
^ what that person says is correct BUT using titanium backup is ONLY for rooted users so buying it when your not rooted is not smart. You should just get Apps2sd and save the files on a external harddrive or your comp. So next time sonething goes wrong you have a backup.

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP