Backing up and restoring Droid X

DroidXhopeful

Reaction score
Are there any programs that would allow an unrooted Droid X user to completely restore all settings apps etc to a Droid X, if the user was to get a new different Droid X such as a replacement? For instance iPhone Users can do this through iTunes, just plug the iPhone into the computer and sync with iTunes and you will have an identical iPhone to your old iPhone. Are their any programs for unrooted Droid X users to do the same. Thanks.

greycobalt

Reaction score
I'd like to know this also. I have to replace mine because the Best Buy guy installing my Zagg shield broke the screen. :( But I'm dreading redoing all the settings I have to everything, least of all the phone itself. I know AppBrain is supposed to remember the apps you have, but is there anything else that will make the new phone a carbon copy of my old?

xliderider

Reaction score
MyBackup Pro, doesn't require root, but I'm not sure if it backs up all settings and homescreen setup.

Launcher Pro and ADW can backup homescreen settings, but you will have to redo your widgets.

greycobalt

Reaction score
I'll try that, thanks. I was using Titanium Backup but it's pretty finicky, so I just started using it for freezing and defrosting instead.

jjd228

Reaction score
In less than 2 minutes you can run z4root to gain root access then do a FULL nandroid backup with bootstrap recovery. So why even bother with anything else? NONE of the "backup" programs do what you are looking for.

musicman

Reaction score
Greycobalt,
If you are freezing apps I assume you are already rooted so just get bootstrap and make a nandroid backup like the previous post said.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App