New Droid X, screen toast

katoom

Reaction score
I just got my new Droid X yesterday. So far I really like it. My previous phone was a Storm. This morning, not even 24 hours, my screen went all black. I can barely make out the outlines of widgets while tilting it in the light.

I pulled the battery to reboot and still have the same problem. The screen is black. I can hear the audible sounds and the buttons light up. I can even take it off screen lock, but it's still black.

It's a real bummer since I have to probably send it back for a replacement. I had updated it last night and only added a couple apps and removed some.

OP
K

katoom

Reaction score
It's pretty difficult to see to do a factory reset... I'll attempt it. I can barely see outlines on the screen.

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Look up a video on how to do it on YouTube and just watch closesly how many times they move the screen like option 3 and you go down three

°^°

EDIT: damn htc sense keyboard kept converting my letters into symbols

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Return it for a replacement.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
"A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
1. Never be unarmed.
2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Off topic, but I love it.

Arsenicpop

Reaction score
The backlight went out. Had the same problem with my 1st DX, As long as it wasn't water damage, they should replace it with no problem.