DateTimeOriginal and DateTimeDigitized fields missing in EXIF data

New Daddy

Reaction score
I've noticed that photos taken with Droid 4 do not contain DateTimeOriginal (tag #9003) and DateTimeDigitized (tag #9004) fields in their EXIF data. They do have the DateTime field (tag #0132), but since this field denotes the last modified date and time, it becomes problematic in tracking the original date and time when you edit photos.

I've searched all over the web, but can't seem to find a solution for this glaring shortcoming. You can populate the DateTimeOriginal field after the fact with photo management tools like Lightroom, but it would be much easier and efficient if the phone does it from the get go.

Any ideas?

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I assume you changed the setting in your camera app? If so the only other thing i can think of would be the setting under location services.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
N

New Daddy

Reaction score
I assume you changed the setting in your camera app? If so the only other thing i can think of would be the setting under location services.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

No, I didn't change anything in the setting.

And what does the location setting have to do with the date/time stamps?

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Open your camera app and hit the settings button. You will see that geo-tag has to be turned on for that information to be with the pic. Under locations services there is a picture sharing check that for including that info when sharing a pic. I assume this is the information you are looking for but I don't know much about time stamps for pics.

OP
N

New Daddy

Reaction score
Open your camera app and hit the settings button. You will see that geo-tag has to be turned on for that information to be with the pic. Under locations services there is a picture sharing check that for including that info when sharing a pic. I assume this is the information you are looking for but I don't know much about time stamps for pics.

What you describe is GPS info in the picture, not datetimeoriginal or datetimedigitized fields. Totally different and unrelated.