data while on phone call

nh2123

Reaction score
hey i spoke to a verizon rep today and was told that with the bionic you should have data while on a phone call. they said that it doesn't matter whether it's a 3g or 4g connection. i never or rarely hold data while in a phone call. i do use juice defender ultimate. also i am rooted with forever root and on system 5.7.893. any ideas why im not holding data connection while in call? thanks in advance.

OP
N

nh2123

Reaction score
Wifi isnt working. I just tried it. Could juice defender be preventing this?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Disregard this wifi actually is working thanks.

l2d2sav

Reaction score
Your Verizon rep didnt lie to you.....all 4g phones can do data and voice at the same time, this can be done on 3g or 4g

I have a Droid razr now and am trying to get this to work, we only have 3g here.....worked just fine on m y old pos pantech breakout so i know u can do voice+data on 3g netowrk with 4g phone

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Many times I have been driving with my maps up on my car dock and while I am talking they do not refresh....as soon as I hang up they snap right back. Data and voice do not work simultaneously in 3G, just 4G. For those who think it does, turn off your wifi......

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Your Verizon rep didnt lie to you.....all 4g phones can do data and voice at the same time, this can be done on 3g or 4g

I have a Droid razr now and am trying to get this to work, we only have 3g here.....worked just fine on m y old pos pantech breakout so i know u can do voice+data on 3g netowrk with 4g phone

I hate to disagree, but not all 4G phones can or will maintain voice and data simultaneously while using a 3G connection, as I understand it. I know my old phone, the ThunderBolt would do so, but the Bionic will not. On the TB, I could call friends and hotspot to my PC at the same time. Every time, though, my Bionic will drop data to take/make a call on 3G. My understanding was the TB and some, but not all, other phones have an extra radio in them which enables this to work.

PS: Note that I am referring to 3G service not 4G, where you will maintain voice and data simultaneous.

Last edited: