call quality and dropped data issues since last update

dgoakill

Reaction score
I posted in the general droid tech help thread and got no response so trying here. For about a month now my Bionic has been dropping LTE and either switching to 3G or having no data at all. It keeps going in and out. all the searching for a signal is killing my extended battery. not to mention incredibly annoying. phone was great until 2-4 weeks ago. Now in addition to the data issue, the call quality is terrible. frequent dropped calls and static or beeping when it does manage to hold a call. I'm guessing the call quality is a result of the constant searching for a data signal as the two seem to be related.

From what I've been able to find online a lot of bionic users are seeing this. also it appears there are two updates out in the wild right now for bionics, some have the new version some have the old one. Rooted users don't seem to be complaining.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Going to the VZ store at lunch but if what i've been reading online is true it can't be fixed by a simple reset or replaced phone.........

dyno

Reaction score
My Bionic has been dropping data too for the last 2 weeks. 4G with full bars goes from blue to white and back again. I just hope this ICS update takes care of the problem.

OP
dgoakill

dgoakill

Reaction score
well just got back from the verizon store. tech put a new sim card in and wanted to do a hard reset. I told him if I have to that I might as well root it too:happy3:. He wasn't impressed. might do a hard reset depending on if this works any better. but from what i've read this can't be fixed unless verizon / moto fix the update. he said ICS is coming for sure on the bionics just not sure when, but that this problem is known and that ICS will fix it...............

OP
dgoakill

dgoakill

Reaction score
well look at that......odd coincidence? so at the VZ store, the tech put in a new sim card and did not hard reset. I told him i would do it my self over the weekend. the first card he put in after going through all the installs and validation tests, he removed........I asked him what was up he said he didn't like the way that card was acting.........hmmmmm so on two sim card number 2. goes through all the processes and hands me back the phone. within 2 minutes my phone starts downloading updates, but it is taking forever, like 30 minutes......so I'm thinking this new sim card didn't fix anything. then finally the download completes and now I have ICS!!!!!!!:blink: also the install took forever and killed my battery.