Data Saver Feature Built Into Android N

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Mar 10, 2016.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,239
    [​IMG]

I am one of the few people I know that is still rocking an old Verizon unlimited data plan so the new feature we are about to discuss doesn't really mean much to me. For anyone on a tiered data plan though it more than likely will mean a lot to you. Android N includes a new data saving feature. This will help anyone with a small data plan or anyone who routinely nearly misses going over the data limit.

Data Saver blocks background data for your device once enabled. The feature also instructs apps to use less data in the foreground. You can also whitelist any extremely important apps so you don't miss emergency notifications.

via Android

2. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    [​IMG]
    We've had restrict background data since froyo and , though it went away with GB , I used to be able to white list apps on my Inc 1.
    I wish they'd bring back the ability to update or install more than one app at a time like froyo had as well. The method they adopted with Gingerbread and since is so ios-like.

Support Our Troops!!!
    Beast Mode 4
    <><

3. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,455
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Meh. I pay for a data package that suites my average needs and then some on purpose. Great feature for folks that can't afford to do that, I guess, but I like not having to worry about using too much data each month while still using my phone however I want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. liftedplane

liftedplane Gold Member

Ratings:
    +914
    unlimited data here still... they will literally have to pry it from my cold dead hands before I give it up. I even refused to update my note 2 for nearly 5 years because I didn't want to lose it.

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page

data saver android