Data Saver Feature Built Into Android N

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I am one of the few people I know that is still rocking an old Verizon unlimited data plan so the new feature we are about to discuss doesn't really mean much to me. For anyone on a tiered data plan though it more than likely will mean a lot to you. Android N includes a new data saving feature. This will help anyone with a small data plan or anyone who routinely nearly misses going over the data limit.

Data Saver blocks background data for your device once enabled. The feature also instructs apps to use less data in the foreground. You can also whitelist any extremely important apps so you don't miss emergency notifications.

via Android

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ecdaf6b1e702387010e0d000d69066f3.jpg

We've had restrict background data since froyo and , though it went away with GB , I used to be able to white list apps on my Inc 1.
I wish they'd bring back the ability to update or install more than one app at a time like froyo had as well. The method they adopted with Gingerbread and since is so ios-like.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Meh. I pay for a data package that suites my average needs and then some on purpose. Great feature for folks that can't afford to do that, I guess, but I like not having to worry about using too much data each month while still using my phone however I want.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
unlimited data here still... they will literally have to pry it from my cold dead hands before I give it up. I even refused to update my note 2 for nearly 5 years because I didn't want to lose it.

Reactions: cr6