Data drops?

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Been having alot of 4G drops and switching to 3g. Yes, I did do the ota update. Just seems like it won't hold 4G at all. I went to the Verizon corporate store and spoke to the manager of the store and he noted that he was going to put me to tier 2 tech support. I was trying to give me a refurbished Rezound. Do you all think it's my phone that is acting up and should go and get a refurbished one. I do have 4G in my area. I might just call tech support and see what they say. They'll just bs with me and all that crap.

Sent from my HTC Resound

Escobar

Reaction score
Whenever I leave a 4G area and my phone switches to 3G, it usually won't switch back when I'm in a 4G area again. till I restart it. Been having this problem since I got it in November.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using DroidForums

OP
crxlsturbo

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Same here. I just switched from a iphone 4s to the Rezound. I had the Rezound back in November but I switched it to a nexus which was a bad mistake. When I had the Rezound back in November it was rock solid 4G at my house. Now it's constantly dropping 4G even when the signal is strong.

I am wondering if I should just call technical support and ***** at them. It just pisses me off. And yes, I do have the power mode set to performance mode. Just seeing how everyone else's signal is holding up right now with the new ota.

Sent from my HTC Resound

glennj

Reaction score
I had a bout of data drops in my home area with my Tbolt in the last two weeks before I got the Rezound today (loving it so far). Tbolt wouldn't even hold data though it would read 3G and cycle 4G then 1x. All of a sudden last week, it was up normal 4G again. Our area only got 4G in November so I don't know if there was tower issues. But tech tried to get me to do new SIM card and I knew it wasn't that b/c I could get solid, consistent 4G where I worked.

As soon as I got home today, I saw my Rezound cycling through 3G-4G-no data for a time.

I have to drive through a slim 3G area on my home from work and my Rezound will not hand back off to 4G after locking 3G.....I have to airplane mode it to get it back. Have not done the OTA yet, btw.

I think a great deal of this data goofiness is the novelty of the 4G network still working out some kinks.

Deron

Reaction score
Whenever I leave a 4G area and my phone switches to 3G, it usually won't switch back when I'm in a 4G area again. till I restart it. Been having this problem since I got it in November.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using DroidForums

+ 1 for me too. I can manually switch to 3g. But switching back to 4G requires a reboot of the phone.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Cyan Tapatalk

OP
crxlsturbo

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with level 2 tech support and they going to send me a refurbished Rezound. Was trouble shooting with them for about 45 min. So hopefully I'll have better luck with this Rezound. The data drops right now are crazy. I still have faith in this phone. I mean when I had it back in November it was rock solid. I think it's still the best 4G phone out there radio wise.

Sent from my HTC Resound