From the Bionic to the Rezound... Am I happy yet?

Sebastian

Reaction score
So, After the 4th or 5th Bionic, I had a call with Customer Service on Tuesday. I was very calm and patient asking about the Bionic update that's running late. After we got no where, the CSR calls Motorola and tells us that there is no set timetable and they have been pushed back twice. So with that I go to Tech support.

The Tech support was awesome. He gave me the option of a new Bionic or any other phone other than the Razr. I opted for the Rezound.

So, got the Rezound, and hit the 4G LTE outage w/in a couple hours. No big deal. Jumped on the Wifi and D/Led all my personal stuff. This phone is AMAZING. Its fast as hell and the screen makes me sooooooooooooo happy. Its a bit heavy but not bad. I'd like a more plain battery door and hopefully knowing HTC, they'll come out with a white one soon.

The battery is not bad... its horrible. I don't want an extended battery with a bigger door. I hope someone bought an 1800 size that can give a review on if its worth the time.

But overall... one day down, great phone.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Glad you are happy with the Rezound. I was told that the out of stock 1800 mAH battery was a dud in the sense of it didn't work like it was supposed to (told to me by the HTCpedia customer support rep) It was pulled from production and is being reworked. At least thats what I was told. Once you get some cycles out of the battery it isn't bad. I had the bionic myself before the rezound. Didn't see a big difference between the two. But with the Bionic data drops....you just might have had long battery life. Haha.

OriginOfHysteria

Reaction score
Oddly my rezound is getting on avg the same life as the bionic

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

jcardona1

Reaction score
Rezound is an awesome phone. A friend mine which I recently converted from iPhone bought the Bionic against my recommendations. She got it during the penny sale on Amazon. I kept telling her not to get that POS. Well she hated the phone. Her battery would last 3-4 hours, various bugs, and she said the camera was the worst camera she's ever used. She was able to exchange for the Rezound and she fell in love. I think she's actually starting to like Android now. Pretty sure I convinced her to never buy a Motorola POS again :)

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I may wind up eventually with a GNEX just because of the battery life. I love the screen, but when it uses near 90% of the battery life, that's just too much for me.

OriginOfHysteria

Reaction score
I may wind up eventually with a GNEX just because of the battery life. I love the screen, but when it uses near 90% of the battery life, that's just too much for me.

Eh the gnex will use more because its a SAmoled screen at 720p

cp24eva

Reaction score
Eh the gnex will use more because its a SAmoled screen at 720p

yet to be seen, but lets hope for the consumers sake its works out better than planned. I'm still staying rezounded.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Like you I went through 3-4 bionics but they never gave the option to switch phones. But I decided to use one of my two upgrades available and sold my bionic on the side to pay for this phone. So far I am happy with it and the phone is so much better than my bionic. No data drops at all nor no lagging when I type or rebooting on its own.

You'll be happy you switched over.

Sent from my HTC Rezound 4g LTE

OP
Sebastian

Sebastian

Reaction score
Like you I went through 3-4 bionics but they never gave the option to switch phones. But I decided to use one of my two upgrades available and sold my bionic on the side to pay for this phone. So far I am happy with it and the phone is so much better than my bionic. No data drops at all nor no lagging when I type or rebooting on its own.

You'll be happy you switched over.

Sent from my HTC Rezound 4g LTE

It was just a process... 1 hour, 4 reps, and a manager approval.

The Rezound has to be the most underrated phone out there. Its the best LTE phone out.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
At first my rezound had only 3-4 hours of life in it but if I keep the screen dim and set power to economy it actually does pretty well for the beast it is. Also I've learned not to trust the battery meter in the notification bar. It will drop faster then the actual battery from what I've heard. Mine even has a radio problem but replacement on tuesday. :D

Great phone, all around.