data drop

yiraee

Reaction score
Anyone else having constant 4g data drop after the 905 update??

diablo81588

Reaction score
Nope. Been rock solid since I updated.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'm calling Verizon today, because they have been horrible the past two weeks. Maybe something wrong network side.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

brunla

Reaction score
I live in LA and my 4G was rock solid up until several weeks and ago and then it started dropping in and out. This was pre-update.
Post-update, it is doing the same thing. I think this is a Verizon issue. (And I drove to Sacramento and the same thing happened up there.)

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
If you're having data drops try this before you do anything else.

1. Pull the battery AND The SIM card
2. Replace the BATTERY only and reboot.
3. Wait several minutes. A message along the lines of "SIM card required for operation" will appear. Wait a couple more minutes
4. Pull the battery again and reinsert your SIM card and reboot.

Why?
This is one way to get your phone to resync with the system and probably the easiest way for a typical user to make it happen.
Data drops can be as simple as your 4G phone just not playing nice with the towers because something is out of whack.

This is a 5 minute potential fix rather than looking at resetting the phone or flashing the ROM again.
It's always worth a try as a first step.

jawknee

Reaction score
^^^Tried that and everything else such as wiping the cache, wiping davlick cache, replacing the sim card, enable data roaming.....nothing. Data continues to drop during use. In the SF Bay Area. Started a few weeks ago on .902 and now on .905.