Bionic

shiningstar

Reaction score
Really starting to hate my phone!!!! Data drops constantly and signal bars suck to! All after this last update.893 or whatever it was...come on Motorola get it together....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately some of that is location. At my house it's spotty, but as soon as I leave it's 3G at least, and at my parent's house 4G is rock solid.

Verizon is also having problems with accepting the data request the phone sends and that's the same for other Verizon 4G phones. Also the phone's ability to resend the request quickly can vary, even from Bionic to Bionic.

You can try the manual install to .901, but there's no guarantees that it'll improve your data signal.

OP
S

shiningstar

Reaction score
My signal has been great full 4g until I did the update :(

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Love my phone, its been pretty solid for me, not gonna complain.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Yeah mine has been amazing the whole time i've had it. I feel bad for those who have problems.

OP
S

shiningstar

Reaction score
I use to love it also......give it time...

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Verizon offered me a rezound i'm thinking of taking it. Love my bionic when it works but motorola really pissed me off with this one.

I mean the long wait for a update to fix major problems. The release of the razr so close to the bionic, which I knew was coming just thought it be a little farther away. Finally the razr seems to be getting ICS before the bionic which was released earlier. Yep done with moto for abit unless they release a nexus device.

Reaction score
call vzw until they offer a phone swap for you. glad i rid myself of the bionic. won't buy any more moto products.

OP
S

shiningstar

Reaction score
Didn't think they would swap out the phone.....but thanks!!!

bbtkd

Reaction score
Loved my Bionic until the wife got a RAZR MAXX last night. Nice phone! Still like my Bionic...

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
People with data problems...try a new sim card. The update may have corrupted your 4g sim card.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

CPKIII

Reaction score
I Have to say.. I Love mine. Been rock solid since .893. My major gripe before was the random reboots. Those are now gone.

I have worked with computers and phones for 20 years now, they are never perfect and all of them have bugs. Even the iPhone has it's flaws :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink: :D...

We tend to demand perfection when it isn't possible. I have a feeling data drops are more network related (Location, and 4g is still very new), than an issue with the phones themselves.

Just my 2 cents...

Reaction score
No joke, since updating to .901 I haven't experienced data drop for days and it's still going strong.

deduct

Reaction score
No joke, since updating to .901 I haven't experienced data drop for days and it's still going strong.

Same here.. Since updating to 901 I have only had a few drops, and they resolve themselves fast. Have not had bsod yet either. I updated about 2 months ago.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC