Data connection problem the battery?

tituswife

Reaction score
OK, something strange: I was recalibrating my extended battery. With the back off, I also changed SD cards. The connection time was so bad I couldn't even access these forums. Finished charging the battery, change everything back - good data connection again. Not sure scientifically, since speed test app isn't working, but there is DEFINITELY a difference! Tomorrow I will try SD and battery separately. But, how could either of those two make any difference?

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

Snow02

Reaction score
The antenna is in the back cover. It won't work without it installed.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
OK ... Cover was on. Is it possible that the antenna in the standard battery cover doesn't work correctly?

Snow02

Reaction score
I don't know. Look at it. Compare it to the extended cover. Anything look different?

There's nothing about an sd card or battery that will affect your signal.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
I'll check the cover in the morning, OK, later this morning. I didn't think battery or SD card should make a difference, but i also didn't know the antenna was in the cover. Thank you for that info.

Perhaps I can get a replacement cover from Verizon.

By the way, I got five hours of nearly constant use before phone turned off. Doesn't seem like much.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
The cover that has the problem is the stock cover. My extended battery cover, free from Verizon as a bonus is OK, well, as OK as it gets. I just need to take time to call Verizon.