Data connection dropping randomly

Trong

Reaction score
Hey guys, new guy around the block!

I've had my DX since launch and it was working great up until the last few days. Just recently, my DX started dropping it's data randomly. However, it only happens when I start downloading bigger files (> 20MB) or while tethering. Maybe the wireless adapter is just crashing when there's a heavy load (like my old Netgear routers)?

So here are some basics of my situation:

• Rooted
  • Deodexed
  • No fancy theme, just font changes
  • Data set to "Always on"
  • Stock ROM
Step back a few days: I went to back up my phone using ROM Manager and then the phone couldn't boot all the way into Android... Rather then restoring an older backup, I first wiped the cache/data. From there, at least I could boot into Android. Without bothering to re-setup everything, I just rebooted into ClockworkMod and finally restored an older backup.

I'm not sure if doing any of those things caused some leftover settings to interfere with anything.

If anyone knows anything about this, I'd love to hear back. I gotta have my tethering working since the campus' internet has been dead for most people lately!

DJStormX

Reaction score
Mines being doing the same and I just got mine a few days ago and its running stock. Perhaps the network is having issues?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Gadawgs29

Reaction score
Im experiencing network problems as well on my rooted DINC. and my bro is also on his rooted X idk wat is going on unless Verizon is doing work and moving to the 4g network finally

horseshoe9

Reaction score
Does it show 3G/1X/3G? If so, it has been reported numerous times here and on other boards. Some say it's device related, some carrier related, some don't know. Some say *228 to update roaming solves. Some live with it.

OP
Trong

Trong

Reaction score
Nah, it's just going from 3G to no data. Strangest thing... I'll try *228'ing later tonight and post back. I'm switching to Fission sometime in the next week so maybe that'll solve it.

OP
Trong

Trong

Reaction score
3G over here. I just saw an old thread get revived on this same topic. They didn't seem to find fixes. One guy exchanged his phone.

This phone is under my dad's account, does anyone know what steps to go through(with Best Buy, not SBFing and all that stuff) if I did want to get it exchanged through my Black Tie warranty with Best Buy?

Milton515

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my rooted D1

D1: UD1.0 Launcher Pro Plus with Custom Icons and NexTheme Wallpaper and Chevy LV 1.25GHz kernel

horseshoe9

Reaction score
The irony of this issue is both Mot and Verizon reply when described: huh, we haven't heard from customers about this issue or, that is a _____ issue, (carrier/device) let me transfer you.

OP
Trong

Trong

Reaction score
Best Buy just told me the same thing (just got off the phone). The rep said that they haven't had any other customers complaining about it but I might be able to get my phone fixed.

However, they do the same thing as RadioShack (I use to work there), and they have to send in your phone to VZW/Moto so they can test it. I'd get a loaner phone during the time they check it out... lame.

OP
Trong

Trong

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Best Buy and they also said that they didn't hear these complaints from any customers.

I was hoping for an in-store exchange. If I want to do an exchange, they have to send my phone off and give me a loaner. I use to work at RadioShack so I should've seen this coming, but lame.

soatari

Reaction score
I was fine until late last night (11/18, maybe 11:30 pm PST) when it started hanging when loading pages, or just not loading at all so that I had to stop and refresh. I couldn't continue what I was doing, so I called it a night.

So far it's been doing it all day today (11/19) and it's really become a nuisance and I can't get any work done.

It happens regardless if I use the phone's browser or if I tether it (PDANet)

Burgers

Reaction score
hey im on D1 and experiencing a similar problem. I have a 3g icon, but after like 3 songs in pandora my connectivity cuts out.. i will also randomly get connectivity errors when running my browsers or trying to DL an mms. Just started happening to me a couple of days ago and have tried everything i can think of to fix it.

wiped cache -no
wiped cache/data & reflashed rom (limod NG)-no
wiped cache/data & flashed different rom (bbv5) -no
installed latest baseband- no
installed earlier baseband -no
popped battery for 30 seconds -no
*228 -no
Flashed 2.1 ruu -no
re-rooted and flashed rom-no

nothing.. works!