Random reboots even after full SBF

hayjude99

Reaction score
I had to SBF my DX after trying to restore to a backup that had been corrupted. I used the 2.3.340 full SBF and afterwards it has started randomly rebooting. I then SBF'ed again and it still reboots randomly.

This happened to a prior DX of mine and I thought it was a hardware problem, but that had started happening right when I got it so I thought it arrived defective, but I've had this one for a while. I would go send it to Verizon, but this is like my 6th DX (I had bad luck with the screen and the headphone jack) and I also want to stop this from happening in the future, because if I get another DX I will have to hack it... because I just will dancedroid

I was running rubiX on the first DX that I sent back, but this time I was running Liberty 1.5.

Thanks,
H

OP
hayjude99

hayjude99

Reaction score
Ill try that, thanks.

EDIT Nope still reboots.

Last edited:
OP
hayjude99

hayjude99

Reaction score
And did a factory data reset. I would like to add, that I am not re-rooting each time. Its doing this (quite frequently) on completely stock software.

I really would prefer not to be forever stuck on an unhacked DX.

rissman1275

Reaction score
Same issue

I just activated my dx on Sat. Haven't even had time to really sit down and mess with it yet, only d/l 3 apps so far. But yesterday afternoon it rebooted 3 times in 30 mins. It is really annoying and I can't take it back because I bought it on ebay. If I had insurance on my bb storm will it cover this phone? I kinda doubt it but thought I would ask. If I was to clear its cache do I have to be root and which app ... X Bootstrap??

CD95YJ

Reaction score
The reboots sound like a software issue. Try pulling your sd card and see if you still get reboots, if they stop I would say you have a bad file there. If not boot into recovery and clear cache and then do another factory reset. You may also have a bad file on your sbf. Are you using the .zip format or are you using rsdlite?

Rissman,
As far as insurance, if you have asurion it covers what ever phone you are using.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
hayjude99

hayjude99

Reaction score
I will try the SD card tomorrow night when I am with my phone (left it at my dads house).

I already booted into recovery and cleared the data/cache to begin with.

I am using RSD lite i think 4.9? I look on the computer that I use to flash it tomorrow.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Yeah if your using your computer your using rsdlite. You might try redownloading the sbf to see if you have a corrupt file.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I had a rooted X for a couple of weeks, and currently have an X that has never seen a root in it's life, and that one restarts itself as much as the rooted one did! I'm thinking it's something that they are going to have to find a way to fix via the next update if possible, because a lot of people are having the same troubles with the phone.

OP
hayjude99

hayjude99

Reaction score
I'd really like to think that, but it happened right after I had mesed with the phone. I tried restoring to a crap backup, which shouldn't mean anything, because I SBF'ed but I mean w/e, I just want the stability that my iPhone had, with the awesomeness and freedom of my DX dancedroid

OP
hayjude99

hayjude99

Reaction score
So I had been SBF'ing with RSD lite v4.8 with a full 2.3.340 sbf file.

Just took out the SD card and waiting for the phone to charge, so I can use it. I don't really see how a file on the SD card could cause (really) frequent reboots, if a reboot at all... But hopeful!

UPDATE: Still rebooting, even with the SD card out. Just rebooted 3 times in the last 5 minutes... I dont have time tonight to re-SBF it, seeing as it probably wont do much good anyway. Does anyone have an idea why this happens and if rooting/flashing a ROM to it would cause this? Otherwise I wont be able to justify re-rooting the replacement.

Last edited:

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Most of the time the reboots happen when a file becomes corrupt. It very well could be a hardware issue, but it was my experience that I got reboots with a bad Android version. Did you try redownloading the SBF file to see if the one you are using has a corrupt file in it?

If you did I would SBF it back to complete stock and if it is still under warranty take it to Big Red for a replacement, if its not under warranty but you have insurance on it file a claim.

:icon_ banana:

OP
hayjude99

hayjude99

Reaction score
I don't have time to re-dl tonight, but I will tomorrow. And it's under warranty, yes, but this is my 6th phone, and they don't like me very much xD (they weren't all for this issue, I just have really bad luck in general).

rissman1275

Reaction score
I just activated my dx on Sat. Haven't even had time to really sit down and mess with it yet, only d/l 3 apps so far. But yesterday afternoon it rebooted 3 times in 30 mins. It is really annoying and I can't take it back because I bought it on ebay. If I had insurance on my bb storm will it cover this phone? I kinda doubt it but thought I would ask. If I was to clear its cache do I have to be root and which app ... X Bootstrap??

Ok I have now rooted d/l bootstrap recovery made a backup of my dx. Though I would try liberty 1.5 since everyone has said how stable it is. Thought this might take care of my reboot issues.

Step 1: d/l liberty 1.5 via phone to sd card. *now it is not in root of the sd card, it is in /sdroot/download/libertyX-1.5.zip could this have an issue?
Step 2: Cleared cache and wiped data
Step 3: Installed Liberty 1.5... no issues doing so, messed with settings, played around for a bit, changed theme... all is good... till I set it down. Reboot after reboot after reboot. Every 5 mins or so.
Step 4: Cleared cache and wiped again... this time left liberty on... same issue.
Step 5: Cleared and wiped again.
Step 6: Installed org. backup.. Seemed to run smoother less reboots.. but really liked the quickness/snappyness of liberty. It was fast and I liked it...
Step 7: Re-try steps 2-6 but pulled out sd card after all installed.. same issue...

Step 8: Help... any suggestions

I have done lots of reading on here. Since this is my first smartphone, thought I was doing good untill now.

Any suggestions.