DarkSlide V4 - .340 ROM - Style, Quadrant, Linpack Champ

yhwhsozo

Reaction score
Yes every time it backs out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cnorm5623

Reaction score
Any one having problems with there X randomly locking up. Mine does at least once a day. Usually when texting but has couple other times.
I use handcent and better keyboard. Beautiful widgits as well.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
lol i was so excited when i read this...i use handcent and when i would receive a video MMS it would only show first frame but it would play the audio...so i had someone send a video and then i checked in my stock messenger app. unfortunately it ended in the same result. first frame and audio. Anything i can do to try to help?

The videos wont play through email either

JMT and myself have been testing the audio/video. Mine works, audio and video through

email and mms messages. His tends to be audio only. I'm sure JMT will find a solution

long before myself, just giving you an update :)

Aha! It seems the vids do have the issue when opened via Handcent, bot not when opened via stock text app...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

chefb

Reaction score
Thanks!.....mine turned green so I have to update
You didn't do that yet? LOL. Just be sure to get the one in the 4.2 thread....I believe Steven.rn updated this OP link to the 4.2 thread...

Yeah lol I had the update downloaded weeks age I've just wanted to see how the green. Looked :icon_ banana:

9wire

Reaction score
Yeah I never did understand what data throttle is?

Data throttle is something which...to my understanding, vzw doesn't really apply, except in certain areas (major cities, etc where large amounts of users take data) or in certain circumstances (if vzw feels you personally need to be throttled- in which case they would have notified you). Basically, if you're being throttled, vzw has put a limit to how much data you can transfer per second...like a throttle on an engine, it's like a speed cap or something...GatesJunior has stated that through extensive testing, he sees little to no benefit to a throttle removal hack, and therefore has not incorporated it into the rom. Some have argued him that they feel a data throttle removal hack would be beneficial, and so he mentioned the possibility of making it an add-on. :)

I made major improvements with it on my D1, and some of my friends as well. I've been told in areas like mine where the 3g is weak, they throttle everybody to insure there's enough bandwidth to go around. Is there an existing hack that will work with this rom? Really liking it otherwise.

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Been running v3.2 for quite some time to wonderful results. Did a fresh install of v4.1 and then put v4.2 right over it. Here is what I'm running into:

1) Lost half of my contacts (sync is and always is on)
2) 3rd party sounds do not work (i.e. zedge)
3) Half of my apps didn't restore

I can live with the apps, but the contacts and 3rd party sounds kind of suck. Even full songs I've downloaded don't work. Stock system sounds work fine.

Anyone else have this issue? I've flashed back to my backup in the meantime, but I'm really wanting to rock this current version.

Thanks

NattyBee

Reaction score
Been running v3.2 for quite some time to wonderful results. Did a fresh install of v4.1 and then put v4.2 right over it. Here is what I'm running into:

1) Lost half of my contacts (sync is and always is on)
2) 3rd party sounds do not work (i.e. zedge)
3) Half of my apps didn't restore

I can live with the apps, but the contacts and 3rd party sounds kind of suck. Even full songs I've downloaded don't work. Stock system sounds work fine.

Anyone else have this issue? I've flashed back to my backup in the meantime, but I'm really wanting to rock this current version.

Thanks
Youtube probably also doesn't work either...correct? And pandora? Vids & pics from gallery?

You cannot load 4.2 directly overtop 3.2. This is because 3.2 was built on system version 2.3.15 while 4.2 is built on system version 2.3.34...in order to successfully load 4.2, you must first update your system to at least 2.3.32...send me a PM- i'll get you updated easy ;)

herbaltherapy

Reaction score
I got my replacement X today. Should I partition my sd, if yes how? also where do I find z4 root now that it is not in the market?

a dark dx

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
Holy crap I didnt know they took Z4 off the market ! I need it to root my wifes phone

Come out of the light and into the DarkSlide !

NattyBee

Reaction score
Holy crap I didnt know they took Z4 off the market ! I need it to root my wifes phone

Come out of the light and into the DarkSlide !

They took it off market a while ago, but we have it on our sdcards thanks to DarkSlide.

Sdcard/DarkSlide/add-ons/z4root.apk

:)

NattyBee

Reaction score
so just downloaded 4.2 and I will have it?
got it thank you.
a dark dx

Indeed. Open the zip and you will have a folder called sdcard. In that is DarkSlide. In that is Add-ons. It's in there. :)