Dark News for HTC; Leadership Team is in Chaos

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
eric-lin-htc-exec-quits-tweet.png

Several reports have come in today indicating the HTC executive leadership team is in anarchy. The once-great mobile hardware maker may have a new hit on their hands with the HTC One, but that won't matter if the internal damage within the company brings it down from the inside. A large list of executives left the company recently, including a couple of them today. One of them, ex-strategy head Eric Lin, even tweeted the above message after leaving, suggesting that all his friends quit and "leave now." Another high-profile executive to leave today was the HTC Asia CEO Lennard Hoornik. Here's a breakdown of all the execs who recently left the company including their former titles,
  • Eric Lin - Strategy Head (left today)
  • Kouji Kodera - Chief Product Officer
  • Jason Gordon - vice president of global communications (left on Friday)
  • Rebecca Rowland - global retail marketing manager
  • John Starkweather - director of digital marketing
  • Lennard Hoornik - HTC Asia CEO (left today)
According to unnamed sources, the morale is so low at the company it is described as being in "utter free fall." Also, this same source said that even though the HTC One has been a solid success, the HTC First was a disaster.

Ouch! A mass mutiny at the command level on an already floundering ship is a bad sign. What do you guys think? Could we be seeing the beginning of the end for HTC?

Source: BGR

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yikes. I seriously hope HTC doesn't go under though.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
HTC has had good product. But if this keeps continuing, they'll either fall and completely go out of business or need to be bought out to stay afloat.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
HTC has had good product. But if this keeps continuing, they'll either fall and completely go out of business or need to be bought out to stay afloat.

They need too be bought out,by whom,I dont know but that's the question of the night.Anybody care to take a shot?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
That really doesn't make a lot of sense since they recently had a hit with the ONE. Someone must see writing on the wall that's invisible to us.

Maybe Samsung is getting on their nerves. ;)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
That really doesn't make a lot of sense since they recently had a hit with the ONE. Someone must see writing on the wall that's invisible to us.

Possible, if unlikely, that they are cleaning house because of mismanagement.

Really kind of shocking to see an ex-employee, under any circumstances, make such comments. If he had been fired, he almost certainly signed a separation agreement that would prevent him from making disparaging remarks.

Although you usually don't see that many people packing up and leaving en masse like that voluntarily.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
They need too be bought out,by whom,I dont know but that's the question of the night.Anybody care to take a shot?

Honestly, my first thought was Samsung. But I kinda doubt that initial thought. Maybe Huawei? They don't have a strong (any) presence in the US, so they could use that if they wanted.

Edit: Considering how buyouts go, any of the upper to mid level manufacturers could potentially by them out.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well if googorola buys them yeah we could possibly see some amazing devices or the end of Google....being strong competition creates innovation and removing a strong player could change the game (though HTC have been falling since the incredible and evo).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Seriously doubt Google would buy them. Sony or LG, I could see.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i would have fired their marketing department if they didn't leave willingly.