D4 Screen Randomly Turns on While Charging

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I had my Droid 4 plugged in with the provided usb charging cable (other cables give me issues) and at random times during the night the screen would turn on for no apparent reason. I ended up just shutting the phone off completely and letting it charge that way. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

battlecanary

Reaction score
Was it plugged in to a computer or to the outlet? I know I've had a couple occasions where having mine connected to charge with the computer it would disconnect and reconnect over and over until I unplugged it and replugged it in several times. I hasn't done it lately but it seemed to behave oddly on a couple occasions. If it was plugged into an outlet then I'm not sure.

hendricks026

Reaction score
When the phone lights up does it seem to be switching from charging to not charging or vis versa? That's the main reason I've noticed my screen randomly coming on for. If that seems to be the case it may be charger/cord related, I have noticed with generic chargers or well used moto chargers that the cords get Extremely finnicky. I have a generic cord that once plugging in you have to put the cord at just the right angle, and leave it, or else it doesn't charge.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums