1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

D4 Screen Randomly Turns on While Charging

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by xsylus, Apr 10, 2012.

1. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

I had my Droid 4 plugged in with the provided usb charging cable (other cables give me issues) and at random times during the night the screen would turn on for no apparent reason. I ended up just shutting the phone off completely and letting it charge that way. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?
  2. battlecanary

battlecanary New Member

Was it plugged in to a computer or to the outlet? I know I've had a couple occasions where having mine connected to charge with the computer it would disconnect and reconnect over and over until I unplugged it and replugged it in several times. I hasn't done it lately but it seemed to behave oddly on a couple occasions. If it was plugged into an outlet then I'm not sure.
  3. hendricks026

hendricks026 New Member

When the phone lights up does it seem to be switching from charging to not charging or vis versa? That's the main reason I've noticed my screen randomly coming on for. If that seems to be the case it may be charger/cord related, I have noticed with generic chargers or well used moto chargers that the cords get Extremely finnicky. I have a generic cord that once plugging in you have to put the cord at just the right angle, and leave it, or else it doesn't charge.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
htc dna screen turns on by itself during charge
razr screen turns on by itself while charging
screen turns on when charging android
turn in galaxy s3 for a discount for a galaxy d4

why does my android screen randomly turn on

why does my android screen turn on at night?