Getting Notification Tone For No Reason

hradek422

Reaction score
I just got my D4 about 2 weeks ago. I normally have the phone set to vibrate only during the day, but on the weekends, I've been noticing that my phone will randomly sound my text messaging notification tone. Thinking I've received a text message, I take my phone out of my pocket to check it, but alas, no text or voice message is there. In fact, I have no notifications for anything whatsoever. I'm on an unrooted D4, and I'm on version 6.13.219. Has anyone else experienced this issue at all? I've also noticed the phone doing this at night while it is charging, however I have the "Full Battery Notification" turned off.

OP
H

hradek422

Reaction score
Okay, I'm reviving this again, because STILL, nobody has even attempted to come up with an answer. 391 views, zero responses.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I feel your pain regarding people viewing but not offering any help. I just posted a thread yesterday with a bunch of views but no responses. Today I bump the thread and a mod moved it into off topic, but they didn't offer any sort of help. I also posted a thread on 5/31 with no responses. I am about to post something similar with my maxx, but it can be pretty slow going around here. I have my green notification light flashing exactly every 2 mins. It's been going on for a couple of months. So I really wish I could help. I just thought I'd at least let you know that the planet is not desolate..

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Not everyone has an answer or is required to answer. And a negative attitude makes it less likely to be answered. Complain to the people who you paid for the phone not the ones who voluntarily help.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
If no one has an answer for your problem, what do you want them to post?

You haven't even posted your own attempts to find the cause and correct it. Have you even attempted any process to find the cause/cure.

People read....so you'll get lots of views. If those who read the thread didn't have an answer....they aren't going to post.

1. Ignore post views....it just means someone viewed the post.

2. Add your own attempts at finding what was causing the problem and your attempts to correct it, even if they fail.

3. Wait, if still no answers then it's possible no one else is experiencing your problem and you need to look at finding the answer on your own. Factory reset, sign in and don't re-install any apps. See if the issue still occurs. Start adding apps...see if it starts occurring after certain apps are installed.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It could be a gingerblur bug. When my moms pro went to GB it did the same thing. Stopped doing it after an update.

It could also be an app doing something as well. Have you tried uninstalling apps, or even doing a factory reset?