D3 sbf!!!!

Johnnyb

Reaction score
You posted it first but no one's even commented.

I'm so glad to see this though...I'm anxious for the OTA to drop so we can get an absolute, bone-stock SBF method.

Sent from my D3, rooted and looking for ROM's

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted

akhi216

Reaction score
This information has already been posted here on DF. What you posted leads to the same thread and file from xda. And this is NOT an .sbf file, but a file that is flashable with RSD Lite. First DF thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3-hacks/170204-rsdlite-flashable-recovery-finally-here.html

Also, just to be clear, this is a last resort type of thing, only to be used if your D3 is unusable or recoverable otherwise.

You can lose the ability to get future updates using this. Am I right or have I been misled?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
You can lose the ability to get future updates using this. Am I right or have I been misled?

At this point, I believe it is true as it changes the build/version number from the one that any OTA update will need to verify before it will run.

Where do sbf's come from?

The .sbf files used to come from one or two of Motorola's engineers who would give/sell them people/persons un-named who have the technical skills to remove the watermark(s) that would otherwise trace the .sbf file back to the Motorola employee who leaked it. The persons un-named still have those skills, however as I understand it, the engineers left Motorola, with one of them going to work for Samsung. I have been hacking moto phones for long enough to know one or two of these un-named people, they are posters to the forums, but I'm not going to reveal who they are lest they get flooded with pm's and other requests.

Reaction score
Why would the motorola engineers risk their job, and possible legal prosecution, and put it in the hands of those unnamed skilled hackers? That could even ruin their career. What company wants to hire someone who can't honor a non disclosure agreement?

No offense to those guys though, the entire community greatly appreciates their efforts, including myself. I was just saying, they're risking a lot.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums