Root for D3 may be close....very close

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am getting very anxious. Hey krazy...post on rootzwiki...I think they are working on it too

LordShadowz

Reaction score
I am getting very anxious. Hey krazy...post on rootzwiki...I think they are working on it too

I can't wait for root either ! I tell ya though I'm going to wait until there is a rock solid way to unroot and go back to original factory though..

militant

Reaction score
:blackdroid:
Sounds the they gave up on the current path :-/

So the bloat isn't the key? Care to expand?

Basically there was a file in there with elevated permissions. He was trying to use that file, to hijack and inject his code to use it to gain root access. He seems to have think he's exhausted every variable at his method/what he was trying so he seems to be moving on. From what I've read though, the camera is coded like **** and they think there might be some holes in that... hopefully.

Daaz

Reaction score
Yeah the cam software is pretty terrible

:blackdroid:
Sounds the they gave up on the current path :-/

So the bloat isn't the key? Care to expand?

Basically there was a file in there with elevated permissions. He was trying to use that file, to hijack and inject his code to use it to gain root access. He seems to have think he's exhausted every variable at his method/what he was trying so he seems to be moving on. From what I've read though, the camera is coded like **** and they think there might be some holes in that... hopefully.

KrazyKrivda

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have found several bugs and glitches in the camera app, but has anyone found a reproduceable one that will reboot the phone?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have found several bugs and glitches in the camera app, but has anyone found a reproduceable one that will reboot the phone?

Best I could do is get it to FC launcher pro.

Sent from my DROID3

Cdjones187

Reaction score

I've actually noticed that every so often after I use the camera the phone will freeze and do a full reboot (not hot). But its very random and not sure if its just the camera or something else interfering with it after the app closes.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
camera does not run as root.

I'm not a genius when it comes to this, but... Pre installed apps that are not removable aren't removable because its a ROOT application? Only way to remove the camera is through root, therefore its running in root? Might be wrong.

:/

Seems like the d3 is onw tough crack

Yes it is! Seems to be anyway, maybe we are all just way to impatient? I know when the DX came out it took a while to root, be patient. I was checking these forums daily (sometimes multiple times a day) waiting to see a front page thread about how the D3 has gained root. Did that the first few weeks and even contemplated sending the D3 back because it wasn't rooted yet. But since then this phone has grown on me, either way its a great device! Now I check every few days, with no high hopes (easier let down haha). There is no doubt it will gain root, just a matter of time. Could be next week, or close to next year. (if next year the bootloader better be unlocked!)

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Once I uninstall all this crap Verizon put on this phone and overclock to as high as it goes, this phone will fly.

Even though its fast already.