D2G, previously rooted, then hard reset wiped clean, now can't get update...says fail

thelemur

I have a droid 2 global, I had rooted it a few months back, but due to a constant rebooting problem I reset it and started over again. I am still having the rebooting itself problem, so I'm trying to install the 2.3 update. It downloads and attempts, but when it restarts it says update failed. I did some searching and read that the files must be exactly the right way, but how do I accomplish that?

Thanks!

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
I have a droid 2 global, I had rooted it a few months back, but due to a constant rebooting problem I reset it and started over again. I am still having the rebooting itself problem, so I'm trying to install the 2.3 update. It downloads and attempts, but when it restarts it says update failed. I did some searching and read that the files must be exactly the right way, but how do I accomplish that?

Thanks!

Just sbf

ThIs ThReAd HaS BeEn ThUnDeRsTrUcK By WoZzYs T-BoLt

MrHatchi87

SBF is the cure-all. solves all the problems :) took me a while to get .607 cause i was a total dork but seriously, SBF, solves all problems

Thanks!

Search around for "SBF", which is the way you return the phone to a clean version. SBF - The DROID Wiki gives a brief description

OP
T

thelemur

Thanks, I will look up SBF.. it might be too short for the search engine. What does it stand for?

OP
T

thelemur

I'm still a little lost. I read over that thread but don't see SBF references. I can't search SBF because its too short. I really need to get this thing back to square one. :(

kptphalkon

try looking for the stickied threads in droid 2 global hacks for team black hats sbf files

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Gasai Yuno

I'm still a little lost. I read over that thread but don't see SBF references. I can't search SBF because its too short. I really need to get this thing back to square one. :(

Quoting:

Motorola Droid 2 Global (A956)
There are currently two images available:

DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf (MD5: d7cc9258b4d82ee5a5b7825dd957e07e; SHA-1: 1035b91f2a73adff6d7d5b9a04dfc09d73e2d434): Blur version 2.4.29. The only version reported to be suitable for use with TBH's USA GSM unlock.
VRZ_A956_2.4.33_1FF_01.sbf (MD5: e886f3b8ffec03a669995eebb7c7a210; SHA-1: ea6af3e72e26a2590f0cb002f85c1e21011bf612): Blur version 2.4.330. A bugfix and improvement release; reported to provide better battery life.