D2 Radio update?

D

dankarlinski

Is there one? I seem to have issues with the radio dropping 3g to 1x, and then returning a few minutes. This happens every 5 minutes or so. I know there is no issue with coverage as I can lay it next to a droid1 and DX (even running the same rom) and they have no signal issues at all. I've tried sbfing, and it doesn't really change anything...

Suggestions? Or should I call verizon and / or asurian and get it replaced?

And, on that note, I am under my 1 year manuf. Warentee for defects. Anyone know how I can go about getting it replaced?

Sent from my CyanDroid2 (Nightly #4)

ahC_hED

Reaction score
This started happened to me about 2-3 months ago, it'll drop to 1x or it will go to the white 3g icons and never come back. A reboot or cutting on airplane mode usually fixes it for me.

Sent from my CMed DROID2 using DroidForums

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
this has ALWAYS happened to me when tethering airplane mode toggling fixes it every time, is this a defect? I just assumed it was moto engineering at its finest

OP
D

dankarlinski

Not sure... I am currently flashing rom to rom to rom to see if I can find one that doesn't do it.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
I know it happened to me on monster gb leak, ZS, and Liberty GB, have yet to tether using Apex

I never had any radio probs with any of those ROMS except Apex (which I have yet to flash) and I ran them for at least a couple of weeks at a time. Id have to say that's quite a strange thing to happen.

sent from my Liberated Gingercomb Juiced DROID2

OP
D

dankarlinski

Yeah. I think its phone related... verizon is monitoring my signal stregnth and stuff.

Sent from my CyanDroid2

papp_e

Reaction score
Ive had the same problem since moving to GB. Before GB, I never had the problem, and I also noticed when upgrading to GB for the first time, a radio update was installed.

I assume its the leaked GB radio update causing these problems. Hopefully with the legit release of GB the radio will be more reliable.

OP
D

dankarlinski

That is true. I forgot about the gb update. That's likely my issue. Is there a way you flash back the old radio? I did an sbf and still have the issue.

Sent from my Liberated Droid2 (2.0.1)

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Again I had no radio issue so I doubt it GB. Must be a hardware prob. I've flashed many different roms that are GB based and have never had an issue. If you return the phone to verizon don't forget to sbf back to stock.

sent from my DROID2 running CM7

OP
D

dankarlinski

I know.

I am leaning to verizon to send me a new phone. If they say no, I got my 1 year warentee from moto. Ill sbf and send them this one. Ill just use my D1 until I get my new phone. Maybe ill get a DX if I'm lucky

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is true. I forgot about the gb update. That's likely my issue. Is there a way you flash back the old radio? I did an sbf and still have the issue.

If you flash the Froyo SBF on a Windows PC using RSD it will restore the Froyo radio (.07P) version...