3G Reception or Radio?

dmg

Reaction score
Hello, Over the past couple days i've noticed that my 3G reception will drop from perfect reception to 1x reception. This cannot be true though because I have looked at my mothers OG and it has perfect reception throughout our home. Along with this fluctuation i've noticed that the color of the 3G meter will change from blue to white on occasion?
This constant flip flopping in signal has resulted in Cell Standby being responsible for 44% of my battery drain. (Even after I have left the phone idle for hours)

This signal problem(and the resulting battery drain) is my only issue with this otherwise amazing phone. Have other people been experiencing this issue or is my radio faulty?

P.S. I have tried *228 option to countless times to no avail.

malaka

Reaction score
same issue here...its got really annoying and i shouldnt have to switch my 3g radio on and off to fix it while im at work but for the last few days ive had to just leave 3g off to make it thru my shift without charging the phone...the d1 i can work 14 hours listening to music the whole time and not have to change the battery this phone...same variables i make thru like 5 - 7 hours and when looking up battery use and stats it came back...cell standby used more than the display it wasl ike 50% or something ...completely ridiculous but thats why im craving an AOSP rom