D2 Otterbox Commuter

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Accessories' started by GoBears, Apr 2, 2011.

1. GoBears

GoBears New Member

I got my Otterbox commuter for my D2 yesterday. I'm extremely happy with the bottom portion of the case. The silicone insert has plugs for all the ports and is made of the same soft yet durable silicone on all their products. The top snap on screen cover is pretty much like any other for these phones. It does have a cut out for the keypad top row which makes it a bit easier to hit those keys. The one problem is that is just doesnt seem to fit perfectly and kind of pops up a bit. Overall I'd say its the best protection I have seen for the D2 and I give it a thumbs up. Hope this post helps you if youre trying to decide on one. BTW I got it for 21.45 delivered from eBay.

GoBears!
  2. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

after using this case for a while i found that the screen bezel has been getting scratched by it. it rubs on the phone surface and scratches it.

posted via android
  3. Montecarlo97z

Montecarlo97z New Member

i returned mine, it didnt fit well and moved a lot. bought a $2 one off amazon and it works great, much better then the $30 otterbox. my .02
  4. GoBears

GoBears New Member

After using mine for a week, I can say I'm very disappointed in this case by Otterbox. I actually really like the bottom part so I swapped the bezel cover with a crappy case I had laying around. I must retract my thumbs up and give this case a thumbs DOWN.
  5. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

i've contacted otterbox about my issue. they threw the warranty terms in my face and also claimed they cannot see any scratches in the pictures i've emailed them.

i will post some up tonight/tomorrow for everyone to see. please have a look at your device along the left edge of the screen on the bezel, and tell me if you see scratches/scuff marks. if it was not caused by a drop and the case has been on, likely the marks are due to the otterbox bezel coming in contact with the phone bezel during normal use.

below is the conversation i've been having with otterbox about this. i feel as though a suit will get their attention, but it's best to get together and file it as a class-action.

for my privacy, i replaced my name with "named" and x'ed out my email information
  6. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

this is the damage:

[​IMG]
  7. mboyz1

mboyz1 New Member

So I want an otterbox. And me and my friends only have cases on the backs of our droids. Ahaha. Screw the top part, I don't lay my phone on the counter on the screen. Who does? Pshh. & Are those lines the scratches? They look like a camera flash effect. That might've been the "No scratches" excuse they used. Hm.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  8. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

you sound like an idiot.

read my post again.

get a commuter for your phone, install it, after a few weeks take it off and find out for yourself.

in addition to the case i took care with the phone regardless.

good luck.

sent via android
  9. mboyz1

mboyz1 New Member

Oh hh.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

d2 pad otter box

d2 pad otterbox

d2 pad otterbox cases

d2 pad outter box

d2 tablet case like a otterbox