D2 Docking Stations for the D2G?

leobg

Reaction score
They do. You can even use OG Droid docking station - it works just as well (I still use my old Milestone 1 desk dock with my D2G).

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I was pretty certain the D2 docks would work but figured the D1 docks were lacking in some way..stupid marketing ploys..

Scan1on

Reaction score
the d2 docks just allow them to be used with most cases (they have a removable tray that expands the dock)... although i have an otterbox and it wouldnt fit for ****... otterbox cases are pretty heavy duty though so and it would barely not fit, if you had anything slightly slimmer i bet it definitely would.

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
lol yeah I can imagine the otterbox being a problem, but I have a pretty standard case so dont think it should be a problem. I noticed the D1 docks are cheaper then the D2 docks so might have to pick one of those up instead. Thanks for the feedback guys.

rweb

Reaction score
Keep in mind that Droids with extended batteries do not fit well into the original Droid dock -- while they fit perfectly into a D2 dock.

leobg

Reaction score
That's true, but still usable. Mine has ext battery and I use og droid dock. I just have to pay more attention when inserting it.