Dock D2 with case still on-Possible??

Blakely

Reaction score
Is there a dock, cradle, multimedia charging station for D2 that will work with the Verizon snap on cover?

I've read so many different accounts and even called Motorola who cannot guarantee that it will work. Has anyone out there had actual success with one of these?

I just don't want to remove the back each night to charge the phone.

(I made the mistake of posting this in the wrong forum yesterday, sorry)

RichStevenson

Reaction score
I was just in the VZW store last Friday about this. The red and clear VZW hard cases, and presumably the blue (the didn't have that one in stock) fit into their multimedia and car docks when the inserts on those docks are removed. However, the gel and carbon fiber cases would not fit.

OP
B

Blakely

Reaction score
Thank you Rich. Just what I'd hoped to hear. Guess I'll head to Verizon!

patchm00

Reaction score
I was just in the VZW store last Friday about this. The red and clear VZW hard cases, and presumably the blue (the didn't have that one in stock) fit into their multimedia and car docks when the inserts on those docks are removed. However, the gel and carbon fiber cases would not fit.

I got a snap on Black textured plastic/rubberized case that fits perfectly with both inserts removed. Must be similar to the one above but I bought it at one of those discount cellular case places at the mall (Wireless Connections II). Comes with holster/swivel as well and I've really liked it.

heyhey

Reaction score
I recently got a new R2-D2 and the included dock wouldn't work with the standard rubberized Verizon case.

I'm not that OCD about stuff so I just took my knife to the two little plastic studs that were the limiting factor, and carefully trimmed them until it worked. Voila! Working dock. :icon_ banana:

Cheers,
Chris

Gothic.Coop

Reaction score
I have the case and holster. That case fits fine in the new droid charging dock.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App