D1 Severe Performance Decrease

jnd121

Reaction score
Recently, my Droid 1 has been running very slowly. When I exit applications, the app menu or desktop take forever to load back up. A lot of my apps are on my SD card. Would that have anything to do with it? Should I try doing a factory reset? Any recommendations would be appreciated. I am thinking it is time for the Thunderbolt :).

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you rooted? You can try clearing cache, or overclocking. If you're not rooted, then there's not much you can do...the D1 is a pretty slow phone unfortunately.

OP
jnd121

jnd121

Reaction score
I'm not rooted. It just started getting bad recently. Maybe it's time to root.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah rooting the d1 is almost a must haha...the good thing is once you root, it's like you have a new phone. you'll enjoy it, but make sure you read up on it before doing it

OP
jnd121

jnd121

Reaction score
yeah rooting the d1 is almost a must haha...the good thing is once you root, it's like you have a new phone. you'll enjoy it, but make sure you read up on it before doing it

I am going to dig through the site and do some reading up. The rooting part is easy, its deciding what ROM to use that seems to be the hard part! Any recommendations?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'm biased toward UD, as it works best on my phone and I like it's features. All ROMS are great though. Once you root, you can load multiple ones and see which one you like best

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's so many. If you like the stock feel with some speed, MetiCkOne is a safe bet. If you want some extra "ooohh ahhh" things, then UD or Sourcery seem to be the rage.

Visit link 1 and 2 in my sig for some guides!

Reaction score

I am going to dig through the site and do some reading up. The rooting part is easy, its deciding what ROM to use that seems to be the hard part! Any recommendations?

I personally like Project Elite. Its super speedy, and thats what ur looking for so I could try that out. It does have a Gingerbread theme though. I dont know if you want that. The Gingerbread version of it is supposed to be coming out soon too.

Reaction score
also im impressed that you are a Senior Droid and havent rooted... and slightly confused haha

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don''t listen to these guys telling you that you need to root. Yes, that will solve the issue but so will a factory data reset. And that way you don't void your warranty.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don''t listen to these guys telling you that you need to root. Yes, that will solve the issue but so will a factory data reset. And that way you don't void your warranty.

Yeah I guess he could do that too, just figured he didn't want to erase everything on his phone every two months. But yes op you can also factory reset your phone...

Sent from my Droid