Custom ring for contacts?

ignitros

Reaction score
How do we assign custom rings to each contact? I have tried in sounds and going into each contact. On the Droid X you just hit menu/edit while in the contact and scrolled down to ringtone. I did a search and didn't find anything posted yet even though I know there was something a few days ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I dound one way over at XDA but it just seems like a pain in the butt.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8149050&postcount=19

1. Create a duplicate contact stored on the phone (orange icon)
2. Link the new contact to the other existing contact
3. Edit the linked contact, and choose the Phone tab at the top
4. Scroll down to see the Ringtone option

Last edited:

mickdroid

Reaction score
I was just wondering the same thing. LOL Had it before and now with Droid I seem to be limited to the default ringtone of my choice instead of being able to individualize each contact I wish to such as family members.

dricacho

Reaction score
The option is there. At least on my phone. Edit the contact and the option is there. Just need to navigate to the tabs. You won't find much searching in the Fascinate section since the phone is a few weeks old, we are all on the same boat. Just gotta explore the phone more and take your time.

Last edited:
OP
ignitros

ignitros

Reaction score
The option is ONLY available if you have saved the contact to your phone. If you sync exclusively through Google, Facebook, MySpace or any other account you will NOT have the option of adding custom rings. The above is the only way I've found so far.

dricacho

Reaction score
I've synced all of my contacts from my old BB Storm and into Outlook. From Outlook, I exported them into Gmail. Then synced them into the Fascinate. I can assign a custom ring into any of my contacts. I don't synch my phone to any of the social networking sites.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Get Ringo from the market. Great options to customize ringtones, leds and vibrate patterns for contacts. :D

mickdroid

Reaction score
okay so how do you sync. You need a program to do that when you mount your USB to the computer from the device. What program are you using to sync with?

mickdroid

Reaction score
I went the duplicate entry into the phone route on those near enough and important enough to me that I want an identifying custom ring tone for. It is a small thing but Verizon/Samsung should look at that when they do an update for the system.