Custom notification sounds not showing up?

LoneWolf15

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm dialing in my Droid 2, which is replacing my previous Blackberry Tour. I am importing all my audio files for ringtones, notifications, and alarms. I have done the following (as found on several sites):

• Connected my phone to my computer
  • Mounted my SD card
  • Created a Media folder on the card
  • Created an Audio sub-folder within Media
  • Created Ringtones, Notifications, Alarms, and MP3s folders within Audio
My custom ringtones show up when I'm selecting them in Settings, and RingDroid also shows all of my files (currently placed in Ringtones and Notifications). However, if I go to my GMail app and settings, when I go to select a custom notification ringtone, only the ones that shipped with the Droid 2 show up. I also checked Settings, and no custom notification sounds come up.

I'm sure it's just an issue of folder structure not being what my phone expects, but I haven't seen an answer to my question (though I've searched). If someone can help, I'd appreciate it.

P.S. Is there complete documentation for the correct folder structure for Media and other items for Android 2.2-based phones somewhere?

OP
LoneWolf15

LoneWolf15

Reaction score
I looked at your post here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/pe...e-ringtone-your-text-messages.html#post635782

I'm not sure I was clear enough with my original post, so just to make sure --My ringtones work. However, the audio files I've placed in my Notifications folder do not show up when trying to pick a Notifications sound, either from the GMail app's Settings, nor my Droid 2's "Settings" section, even though they're in the folder that matches what you listed. My phone only shows the stock notifications sounds.

D

dvdcatalyst

I looked at your post here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/pe...e-ringtone-your-text-messages.html#post635782

I'm not sure I was clear enough with my original post, so just to make sure --My ringtones work. However, the audio files I've placed in my Notifications folder do not show up when trying to pick a Notifications sound, either from the GMail app's Settings, nor my Droid 2's "Settings" section, even though they're in the folder that matches what you listed. My phone only shows the stock notifications sounds.

I understood. I was actually referring to the post before it.

Go to your applications and touch on Music. Once in music, touch on menu and you should find your ringtone there. Touch set as ringtone and the rest is easy...If you downloaded multiple ringtones touch on the music symbol on the bottom right of your screen adn that should bring up all of your ringtones. Touch one, pause it, touch menu and then a box pops up to choose contact or phone ringtone.

Move a couple of the songs you want as ringtomes in the music folder so they show up in Music, then change them.
It should move/copy the files, or it marks them as a ringtone. If they are just moved, you should be able to find the location, and then try copying a few others there and see if they show up.