1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Custom notification sounds not showing up?

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by LoneWolf15, Sep 12, 2010.

1. LoneWolf15

LoneWolf15 New Member

Hi all,

I'm dialing in my Droid 2, which is replacing my previous Blackberry Tour. I am importing all my audio files for ringtones, notifications, and alarms. I have done the following (as found on several sites):

• Connected my phone to my computer
    • Mounted my SD card
    • Created a Media folder on the card
    • Created an Audio sub-folder within Media
    • Created Ringtones, Notifications, Alarms, and MP3s folders within Audio
    My custom ringtones show up when I'm selecting them in Settings, and RingDroid also shows all of my files (currently placed in Ringtones and Notifications). However, if I go to my GMail app and settings, when I go to select a custom notification ringtone, only the ones that shipped with the Droid 2 show up. I also checked Settings, and no custom notification sounds come up.

I'm sure it's just an issue of folder structure not being what my phone expects, but I haven't seen an answer to my question (though I've searched). If someone can help, I'd appreciate it.

P.S. Is there complete documentation for the correct folder structure for Media and other items for Android 2.2-based phones somewhere?
  2. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

3. LoneWolf15

LoneWolf15 New Member

I looked at your post here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/pe...e-ringtone-your-text-messages.html#post635782

I'm not sure I was clear enough with my original post, so just to make sure --My ringtones work. However, the audio files I've placed in my Notifications folder do not show up when trying to pick a Notifications sound, either from the GMail app's Settings, nor my Droid 2's "Settings" section, even though they're in the folder that matches what you listed. My phone only shows the stock notifications sounds.
  4. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

I understood. I was actually referring to the post before it.

Move a couple of the songs you want as ringtomes in the music folder so they show up in Music, then change them.
    It should move/copy the files, or it marks them as a ringtone. If they are just moved, you should be able to find the location, and then try copying a few others there and see if they show up.
Search tags for this page

android custom ringtones not showing up

android notification sounds not showing up in phone contacts
cell phone ringtones not showing up on my android
custom ringtone folder not showing up android 2013 razr m

custom ringtones not showing up on android

downloaded ringtones not showing up on android

droid razr m ringtone folder ringtones not showing up
galaxy s4 custom sounds not showing up
notification sounds not showing up on android

ringtone not showing up android

ringtone not showing up in option on droid bionic