Curved screen

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Oh ok wel hopefully its not over curved

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
A flat phone is more obtrusive in your pocket than a curved one would be, not sure I see the problem here.

I agree, I think it's not as curved as the render shows. That's just to give it a dramatic affect to get people talking.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
No wel I would prefer a flat phone in my pocket I mean like it wouldnt stand out but yes ur right I think they just made it look like that to have ppl tlking about it

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Haha I love the people on here having no idea how it is to have a curve screen phone. It reduces glare and it feels better in the pocket than any other phone I have had, it's not like a brick its more like a actual phone. The curve is not that radical on the s 4g its noticeable of course but not like crazy curved. if the new nexus follows suit design of its previous one, it will be an amazing phone physically because the one I have now is.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DroidForums

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Ok wel I feel more comftrable about the idea of the curved phone

doublea500

Reaction score
I wanna get the phone, but i dont even want to think about the phone laying in my pocket parallel to my leg with changing slopes. sounds kinda messed up. also, another thing to remember is that its really not too curved. Look for yourselves- http://pptymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/nexusprime211-320x142.jpg its not going to wrap around a leg. the one thing im curious about is where they put the camera, buttons, and headphone opening. Looking at the design, the headphones would awkwardly fit in, as it the phone is not flat at all.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you might have meant to say "Not IF you got a square head...

Fonz the only thing you can correct is a juke box

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
the one thing im curious about is where they put the camera, buttons, and headphone opening. Looking at the design, the headphones would awkwardly fit in, as it the phone is not flat at all.

The image you referenced is of the right side of the device. Power button will be on the right side, volume rocker will be on the left, and headphone jack will be up top as usual. There will be no camera button.

A higher res, closer look: http://www.droidmatters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/samsung-nexus-prime-side.jpg

Last edited:

diggy488

Reaction score
The button placement is exactly where I've always wanted them. Can't wait to check it out.

patriot95

Reaction score
The button placement is exactly where I've always wanted them. Can't wait to check it out.

I feel like it's made for people who use their right hand to move around the pages... meaning they hold the phone with their left hand. Meaning it's made for right handed people. Which I'm not. Lefty curse! But I still like these locations better than anything else that has been out. I do not like the power on the top. Only complaint I had about my Dinc.

The only reason I am worried about the curve is because I hope it still fits in my car mount and isn't too curved for it! Aside from this I'm excited about it. I wonder if it will help with outside glare at all?

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Hey anybody know wat those 3 lil buttons are in the bottom?