Currently what is the best Android Tablet?

OP
S

stead2120

Reaction score
I've had absolutely no issues with updates on mine, as soon as they were available I got them. Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
Sounds good, I got my mother in law an Ipad 2 for Christmas, but the wife and I need a little bit more "control" of our device and we both love the Amazon App Store, I will definitely consider this device. Thank you.

OP
S

stead2120

Reaction score
I just found the article below:

Acer Iconia Tab A200 arriving January 15 for $330, Ice Cream Sandwich coming mid-February Acer Iconia Tab A200 arriving January 15 for $330, Ice Cream Sandwich coming mid-February -- Engadget

After slipping not-so-quietly through the FCC, we knew it was only a matter of time before Acer's Iconia Tab A200 arrived here in the US of A. Well, we just got word it'll go on sale January 15th starting at $330 -- not too shabby for a 10-inch tablet on the brink of an Ice Cream Sandwich update. According to Acer, the tablet is shipping with Honeycomb (version 3.2, to be exact), but should be getting that ICS upgrade in mid-February, about a month after it goes on sale. To be clear, that $330 price gets you 8GB of storage; the 16GB version will set you back an extra twenty bucks. Either way, it has a microSD slot for expansion, NVIDIA's dual-core Tegra 2 SoC, a modest 2MP front-facing camera, a 1280 x 800 display and a battery rated for up to eight hours of runtime. If all that sounds rather ho-hum, remember that this is still one of the only tablets with a full-sized USB 2.0 port for moving files on and off the device.

Shockwave2.3.5

Reaction score
I would go with the Motorola xyboard it is a beautifully designed and well built tablet....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm sorry but I still think that the Toshiba Thrive kicks the primes butt, the are pretty much the same except for the fact that the Thrive has a full size HDMI a full size USB and a mini ans a SD card slot, those facts alone make it the winner in my book. Again this is just my iPhone, and I'm sure all the prime fan boys will knock me for being smart and thinking about what I will be doing with it and other thongs I would have to buy to do that.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Me too, I got the Thrive back in November and have had no complaints at all. I love it and barely touch my phone or my laptop anymore... only if it is absolutely necessary. My droid charge phone I, now, actually only use it for phone calls and texting and once in a blue moon for more. The laptop, pc is almost non-existent as the Thrive can do pretty much everything my laptop-pc can do. I love it, love the full size usb and got a cheap usb keyboard on amazon that works great ... makes it as easy to use as a laptop.

Sent from my AT100 using DroidForums

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good Lord, so I take it, I'm better off purchasing an Ipad 3?

The Prime is fine...Asus is releasing ICS on the 12th, as well as an unlocking tool. I have one and it works great with very minimal problems, and it's only gonna get better once ICS is on it.

TeeX

Reaction score
The Prime is fine...Asus is releasing ICS on the 12th, as well as an unlocking tool. I have one and it works great with very minimal problems, and it's only gonna get better once ICS is on it.

what "minimal problems" do you experience? I'm ready to buy the Prime, just researching. thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
what "minimal problems" do you experience? I'm ready to buy the Prime, just researching. thanks.

I'll rephrase that to minimal "problem". It's just the usual lag that accompanies Android devices. Not a deal breaker by any stretch of the imagination though. Awesome screen, ridiculously good battery life (got almost 2 days, with light to moderate use, you can easily get a day minimum regardless of your use), hd movies play back wonderfully, and as mentioned ICS is going to make it much better and that's coming on the 12th. For those interested in hacking and ROMing and theming the bootloader unlock tool is coming too. Really can't recommend the tablet enough.

TeeX

Reaction score
I'll rephrase that to minimal "problem". It's just the usual lag that accompanies Android devices. Not a deal breaker by any stretch of the imagination though. Awesome screen, ridiculously good battery life (got almost 2 days, with light to moderate use, you can easily get a day minimum regardless of your use), hd movies play back wonderfully, and as mentioned ICS is going to make it much better and that's coming on the 12th. For those interested in hacking and ROMing and theming the bootloader unlock tool is coming too. Really can't recommend the tablet enough.

great, thanks for your input!

any recommendations on where to buy it? Best Buy told me they will not be getting the Prime back in. (but they have the dock in stock).

Very confusing.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
great, thanks for your input!

any recommendations on where to buy it? Best Buy told me they will not be getting the Prime back in.

I got mine from Best Buy, preordered it on Black Friday and received it at the end of december. I think I read that Amazon has some, but I know it's really hard to get one right now. Might be able to find one at some third party site somewhere...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
With my Thrive, I get absolutley no lag and I have over 70 apps installed on it. It is one of the reasons I use it more than my phone, laptop or pc... because it is so fast and responsive. It doesn't matter if it is loading apps, on the internet or loading email... much faster than any other device I have. And I am not rooted. And the battery life is phenomenal... days if i am using it mimally (here and there thorughout the day), more than a day if I am on it non-stop. I have no complaints at all.

Sent from my AT100 using DroidForums