Create a Boot Animation Out Of Your Favorite Video File

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
9e3e4equ.jpg

Bootanimations are fun little nuggets that keep us from staring at a blank screen while our phones operating system loads. In the past if you wanted to modify this you would have to piece together hundreds or sometimes even thousands of PNG photos to form a nice bootanimation. This process could take hours for those with lots of experience, and days for the average joe. Thanks to an all new bootanimation binary compiled by Motorola you can now set any video as your bootanimation. It will take a bit of work on your end, but the end result means you can customize your bootanimation with very minimal effort. If you can follow a few steps you can compile your own bootanimations. The process does require a rooted phone and also a root browser that allows you to modify the /system partition. Head to the link below for the full guide!

Via XDA

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm surprised that root is required now. MattyP (remember him?), and I created a way to do this with a batch file through ADB commands. Guess I'll have to break out the old choose and see if it works with the new kernels and OS's.

Reactions: CJM