Easily create your own ICS bootanimations for the Rezound

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

When I first decided to put a Rom on my Droid X a few years back it was all about the customization of my phone for me. At the time I didn't really have a need for most of the other functionality. I didn't need a custom rom for gingerbread because at the time there was no such thing only froyo, and as far as I was concerned my Droid X with the 1.0gHz TI OMAP processor was plenty fast for me! However I saw all the themeing options available and the available bootanimations really caught my eye. It was the first thing you saw when you booted up your new rom, and for me a new crack flasher, it really got me excited about the rom that I had just installed on my phone. I quickly realized that there were several bootanimations available for my phone and saw how easy they were to swap out. I remember when I found a call of duty modern warfare 2 bootanimation I would reboot my phone for friends just so they could see the bootanimation. Of course none of them really appreciated it the way that I did or atleast they didn't let on that they did.

These sorts of customizations like bootanimations and themeing are what make our phones stand out from the other phones. Its easy to make our phones our very own! Rezound users have lots of available gingerbread bootanimations by now. However there aren't nearly as many ICS bootanimations available. You can wait around and hope someone makes a bootanimation that you would like, or more preferably you could just create your own. The process for doing so is pretty straight forward. Rainwarrior of XDA has posted his method for making bootanimations for the Rezound. All you need is the bootanimation creator tool a few other programs and some pictures or the youtube video of your choice to make a sick one of a kind bootanimation!

For more info the guide can be found here via XDA

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Sorry if this comes off rude, but the DX has a TI OMAP. Not a Snapdragon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No you are absolutely right. Don't know where i got snapdragon. LOL