Creaky?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since I first pulled the back off to do a battery pull the Bionics battery it's been creaky.

Anyone else having this issue?

I remember the OG Droid and the free Battery covers they sent out... wonder if they will do something for this.

jgrimberg1979

Reaction score
Yes I have the same issue. Its not anything new for me. All of my android phones had this issue (tbolt, Inc, In2) it seems the more the take the back off the worse it gets.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
No. I make sure it's all snapped in.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've only taken it off twice and the first time it was very hard and now it's easy. I wish I hadn't done it the first time now...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Can't say I have this problem. Probably taken the back cover off 4 or 5 times. I always keep my rubber case on though. Don't see how that would really help though...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Should have specified that yes I took the case off and tried it.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Extended more noisy

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Utlmnop

Reaction score
Oh .. thank God -- I thought I was the only one with this issue. My extended battery case creaks around the volume rocker. It's driving me crazy.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Obviously it's not a huge issue but I hate when anything makes noises like that. I'm tempted to take my replacement droid back and peel off the sticker and put it on the back inside of the phone to see if it stops it. However I'm afraid that it may overheat then.

Utlmnop

Reaction score
If I don't squeeze the crap out of my phone, I usually don't notice it. I'm hoping a silicone case (that fits the extended battery) will come along and fix the issue. Until then... I'm going to try to ignore it. I did see where you can buy a new back from Motorola for $10. I'd throw $10 down if I knew it wouldn't start squeaking again.

(Sigh) -- I never had battery cover issues with my OG Droid.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Mine is very creaky too.. Just one of the issues that keeps adding up to equal this phone going back and for waiting to begin all over... I wanted too love this phone but I just don't... :-(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just an inherent problem that's caused by having an entire back being removed to take the battery out.

And being made of plastic.