Extended Battery - Quick Initial Impression

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Speeding Wheels, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels New Member

JUST got my extended battery delivered and wanted to write my first thoughts on it.
    First off... the battery itself felt quite heavy in my hand when I pulled it from the box.
    The new back cover gives the phone a much more OG Droid feel since it's squared off.. however there is that strange dropoff where the camera is near the top of the phone.
    While I actually like the styling the new back gives the device.. the battery itself adds a LOT of heft to the device. It's going to take me some time to get used to it.

Battery only had 25% charge when I dropped it into my phone.. will have to plug it into my car charger most likely since I have some running around to do this afternoon.

Will give a more detailed review after I have a chance to do a proper drain and fill on it.
  2. BOA

BOA New Member

Great; I plan on picking one up hopefully today myself. Let us know how it goes. The phone currently is pretty light; almost too light so I'm curious to see how much more it adds to it.
  3. bushpilotwannabe

bushpilotwannabe New Member

I picked it up a couple of days ago. I actually like the added weight. Gives it a nice heft, but not too much. I also like the way it changes the shape; I found the phone easier to grip with the larger cover, but maybe that's just because I have big hands.

Keep your charger or old battery handy though, at least at first. On the first day, I saw no improvement over the standard battery. On the second day (today), it was at 60% with moderate use after being off the charger for about 6 hours, but then it dropped to 20% after I played Angry Birds for over an hour. I think it's just going to take a few cycles to get to its potential, but I can tell a difference already and for $25, I'm happy. Once it's broken in, there shouldn't be any problems getting through an entire day on it with no less than moderate use.
  4. BOA

BOA New Member

Can someone post a picture of how their phone looks like with the extended battery on?
  5. Infiniti87

Infiniti87 New Member

I bought the extended battery for my Bionic because i had one on my OG Droid and because it was only $25. At this point im not sure if I will use it yet as im getting extraordinary battery life from my Bionics stock battery. When I got my Bionic I drained the Battery, recharged, drained again and recharged. Yesterday according to the Battery stat screen I had 16Hours 34Mins on Battery with just about 5 hours with the display on and i had 50% battery. I surfed the web, played some games, a few phone calls, tons of texts, listened to pandora all on 4G.
  6. Mustang02

Mustang02 Well-Known Member

stock Bionic battery View attachment 40309 Extended Bionic Battery View attachment 40311

I have 60% battery left with 10 hours of moderate usage with the extended battery.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  7. BOA

BOA New Member

Thank you Sir; interesting. So the top portion actually sinks in.
  8. Mustang02

Mustang02 Well-Known Member

Has to be due to the camera.
  9. Fonzz

Fonzz Member

I'd really like to pick up an extended battery also, but it does NOT look like it will work with the case I have ordered...
  10. seriousfix

seriousfix New Member

installed extended battery. charged full. so far love the extra weight and feel of the phone. i won't know any stats till i run it for a while. but i have no issue with the phone size.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk