Creak in left side of phone

walrusmonger

Reaction score
I'm on my second droid phone (first one reboot and had dust under the screen) and this one is more solid as far as software is concerned. One thing that has me worried though is the case feels weaker.

On the left side of the phone, below the USB port, the plastic is starting to creak. If you hold the phone you can actually feel the top trim move- this is the trim on the bottom of the keyboard.

Does anyone else have the same issue? This started a few days ago, I've had this phone for 3 weeks- it's too late to exchange it now at best buy since I bought it when it came out.

Veedo

Reaction score
wont they exchange it for 30 days? im going to exchange mine for similar reasons. the screen is loose, creaky and clunky.

Last edited:

Dream

Reaction score
Had the same issue. Return the phone for sure.

OP
W

walrusmonger

Reaction score
well it's past 30 days, unless they count the 30 days from my first exchange?

I'm just not sure if it's worth the risk of another exchange- besides the left side trim being able to move slightly, the phone is solid. I'd hate to return it and get another one with dust under the screen, a loose screen, or even one that gets the same trim issue.

If the trim ever splits from the phone (I don't think it will) then I'll do a warranty exchange, we've got a year on it for a reason.

Thanks for the replies

Takami826

Reaction score
mine creaks now, too... got it last Thursday... but mine didn't creak until I removed that plastic film off the back of the screen that was debated about for multiple pages here somewhere or other... is it a concern or since I'm getting the body glove case (if my local verizon store ever actually has it when they claim they will have it) is it a non-issue?

Takami826

Reaction score
for me, creak... right along the edge of the the physical keyboard below the USB input if you're viewing it portrait orientation

OP
W

walrusmonger

Reaction score
I drove myself crazy so I went to best buy, the lady was really nice- ALL the phones did the same thing (mine was actually not so bad compared to some of the others).

I drove then 40 min to another bb, same deal- I guess my first phone was lucky :)

Anyway, she took off my invisishield, so this crazy stuff cost me $17, lesson learned!