crazy screen

usmc111111

Reaction score
Ok so on my original Maxx the screen had started doing crazy stuff, with out a charger plugged in, the screen is totally clean but what's happening is when i touch it it will open our highlight something i want touching our while typing will go to a different box all on its own, tried a FDR but hadn't helped, what you guys think? Send it in under warranty?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Sounds like it may be a digitizer issue to me... if you still have warranty, I'd send it in, yes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
You could try to save it with a factory reset, but you'd lose everything :( unless it's backed up somewhere. If that doesn't work or you don't want to, Warrenty would definetly be your option.

OP
U

usmc111111

Reaction score
You could try to save it with a factory reset, but you'd lose everything :( unless it's backed up somewhere. If that doesn't work or you don't want to, Warrenty would definetly be your option.

If you re- read original post you will see i tried that and didn't help, new phone will be here today

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I read a post where Motorola told the user to press and hold in the top left corner of the digitizer for 5 seconds, and apparently that is a hardware reset of the digitizer driver components. He was having similar issues to the OP and after the press and hold for 5 seconds, the digitizer worked fine from there on.

gamedog0425

Reaction score
I got issues with my screen when cold I get a line on the bottom of my phone but when its really cold it goes all the way to mid screen when phone warms up the lines disappears