1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

CRAZY issue with audio recording/playback!

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by BluePlate, Aug 30, 2010.

1. BluePlate

BluePlate New Member

So I often use my phone for voice recording (I used to have a BB and it was great for that), so I've been looking into voice recording apps for my Droid X.

I first tried Voice Recorder, but when I played back the file I created, my voice was all weird sounding--like it had been sped up in places!

So I dumped VR and tried out Rehearsal Assistant, which many forums posts said was good. I set the record quality to uncompressed and tried it out.

SAME THING! I played it back and my voice would be normal for a few seconds, and then totally sped up for the following few seconds, and then back to normal. There's also a lot of crackling and popping on the recording, which was also the case with the VR sound file I made, despite being in a totally silent room.

It seems the problem is with my Droid X! Any thoughts on what it could be?? What would cause this uneven playback outside of the recording software?

I actually rely pretty heavily on my ability to make voice recordings for work, and in the meantime, I've had to get the old BB out and use it as a separate voice recorder, which is a bit ridiculous.

All help is much appreciated!!
  2. BluePlate

BluePlate New Member

Just a bit more info: I tried a battery pull and recorded another sample in Rehearsal Assistant, and had the same problem.

I watched this time, though, as I recorded, and the audio input stream was jumpy. It would be flowing along, then stop,and suddenly jump ahead a bit.

This, of course, corresponded to the sped up sections in playback.

But it can't just be a problem with RA, since the Voice Recorder app did the same thing! What component of my phone is messed up?
Search tags for this page
android audio playback issues
android audiorecord crackle
android native voice recorder
audio recorder on droid razr doesnt work
crazy audio recording
does the g2 have a voice recorder
droid x2 recorded sound is messed up
droid2 video recording problem
galaxy s4 voice recorder issue
galaxy sound recording problem
my blackberry video recording audio problem