1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Crash, Crash, Crash

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by swaldrop, Nov 7, 2009.

1. swaldrop

swaldrop New Member

WTF. This thing has been crashing since the second I started messing with it at the Verizon store yesterday morning. When the phone works, it is awesome. I understand a few growing pains when releasing a new OS, but this is nuts. I also can not find a common denominator as to why it is crashing. Using the phone, apps, messaging, browser... Doesn't seem to matter.

To be fair, this is my first Android device, so user behavior may play some part in it as I may be running too many apps in the background. But I have tried shutting everything down and still no luck.

Am I the only one? I have 30 days, but I really don't want to return it. I want to love the phone, but it needs to reciprocate. Any ideas?
  2. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

Take it back and get a good one... I have had zero issue and i'm loving it...
  3. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Sounds like either the OS is corrupted or the phone is f***ed.. i would take it back to the store and ask for a replacement.
  4. swaldrop

swaldrop New Member

Yeah. I posted this in frustration withour even looking around. Then I found this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...phone-restarts-constantly-locks-up-often.html

Makes me feel a lot better to know that it isn't just a POS OS and it can be fixed. Thanks for the feedback.
  5. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Yeah once you get it fully working i think you will like what it has to offer, just don't hold it against the OS because of a corrupt unit. :)
  6. jay80z

jay80z New Member

Please be more specific as to why it's crashing, so we can prove that you are not just trying to crash on the droid.

Phone, apps, messaging, etc is not enough. Anyone who didn't even get the phone can list these reasons to appear as though they did.

Sorry to hear you got such a lemon if you are speaking truth. Take it back if that is the case.
  7. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

He is saying he doesn't know why it's crashing, it's doing it randomly and it doesn't matter what he has open, it will happen regardless. As he stated again that it was more of a rage post, but he did legitimately want to know what he should do.
  8. swaldrop

swaldrop New Member

Easy there... No one is Trashing your beloved Droid. I too have waited a very long time to have a worthy phone and I just want to make sure it is as good as I hoped it to be.

I want nothing more than to see Apple change their ways because of Android, but I will be first in line when the iPhone comes out for Verizon if it can't hang. I have no loyalty to any phone.
  9. Trip

Trip New Member

Yeah, I'm on my 4th phone in 2 days, first 2 the camera wouldnt focus, the third kept rebooting randomly, now the fourth seems stable :) life is now good.

And just an FYI my Verizon store has been very understanding and helpful throughout, I had to tell them about the known camera issue, but they where more than willing to exchange my phones and make it right.
  10. swaldrop

swaldrop New Member

Well, I got a new phone and it has yet to crash. Much better experience so far and if it stays like this, I feel that it'll be a great phone.

I think I will stop at 2 though. Not sure if I would have the patience to stick it out 2 more times. We'll see.
  11. iamloco724

iamloco724 New Member

so is that really a known issue that the camera wont focus i will be getting mine in on mon.and i love hearing how great the phone is but the horror stories like this get me worried
  12. Stangpilot27

Stangpilot27 New Member

I agree with the above comment, something got jacked up during the manufacture of your little droid.
  13. Stangpilot27

Stangpilot27 New Member

Forgot to mention in last post, so far so good! No paranormal activity to report on this end.

. :icon_ devil: .
  14. cLovis_ll

cLovis_ll New Member

mine works perfectly.. exchange it.. maybe a bad unit..
  15. jay80z

jay80z New Member

relax, beloved Droid it ain't. did you make this post seeking help to remedy your crashes? or did you just post to rant your anger as suggested in the title?

with the the lack of detail missing from your original post as to what is causing these crashes, i'm going with ranting.

everyone who comes to these forums for information is well aware of many bugs that are present with the new release. if everyone made a post as vague as yours when encountering an issue, i might as well go to an iphone forum to look for help there.

i meant no offense with my original reply. don't be so defensive.

perhaps it is you who needs to take it easy.
  16. suzukimethod

suzukimethod New Member

Mine did a couple random restarts in the first day of using it. I tried to think about what I was doing when it happened...possibly when downloading or installing new apps from the app store, or maybe when messaging AND the droid timed out (i started a message and put it in my pocket one time, the other time, it was d/l-ing and i walked away)

The other commonality was the droid was very low on battery power (<10%) when it happened the most (maybe all of the times?). I've put it through the ringer for the last 48 hours, and no restarts since (fingers crossed).

My thought was it wasn't crippling, and i didn't want to swap hardware, for what might be a software issue...What could be a combination of new apps from app store + plus new OS (2.0) + plus new hardware (Droid). Something that might get sorted out in the next weeks or so.

If yours is constantly rebooting or messing up, take it back! but since my issues were minor, i figured I'd see how it progressed, and if it got better, sweet - if it got worse, I'd take it back...

fwiw i crashed my bb curve a few times when i first started getting used to it (and was installing a bunch of different stuff all at once, trying everything i could find, etc.)

/b
  17. Chigga311

Chigga311 New Member

I was having all the same problems.
    The phone restarted about 20 times since I got it Friday.
    I also got that Sorry... blah blah blah message about 3-4 times
    And the phone Died in about 3 hours from a full charge.

So this morning I went and got a new one.
    Just got back so hopefully this one is going to behave itself.

But the 1 good thing is that Google backed up EVERYTHING.
    All I had to do was just sign into my google account.
    And re-setup Google Voice, which took all of 5 sec.
  18. atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie New Member

I have had the camera app crash on me twice today.
  19. dweezle

dweezle New Member

Search tags for this page
android foxfire app crashes
droid 3 contacts crash
droid incredible 2 crash
droid incredible contacts crash
droid phone continues to crash
droidcam crash
droidcam crash when open
droidcam crashes

droidcam crashes flash