Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
CM v6.0.4.3

Wow, I guess I have been away from the rooting game for too long. There isn't a fix permissions on CWM anymore (or at least one I can find anyways). I honestly can't think of another way to fix it other than what you've already tried. I'll let someone else chime in if they have any insights.

OP
M

Manuel.95

Reaction score
Update: I enabled Whatsapp popup/notifications and i saw that the app was giving me an error: Whatsapp Error: unable to access message history.
Browsing through internet i found that another android user had this problem (a bit more severe since all the sync apps like Facebook or Gmail didn't work and crash at launch). They suggested him to unistall Google+ (which i did, bringing it to factory version), to remove google account and put it again (which even in this case i did), to fix permissions (and i read that the CM 6.0.4.3 fix permissions every time you clear cache or dalvik. and i did that).
They also accused him about a not clean install (with no clear system, cache, sd-ext and data but i clearly, 100%, remember that i followed every instruction, But even in this case why would the problem appear now?).
Another case was if the user modified some parameters like heap size, but since i modified the resolution/dpi with an app, i didn't play around those features.
In another forum someone answered another user with a fix on the sd card (since as far as i acknowledged in the past days, whatsapp store the history in the sd card), so i tried to unmount and remount the sd card and i noticed that without opening whatsapp, the notification would come out.

Getting to this stage i'm not even entirely sure that if i format/factory reset, i will fix the problem, and i really don't want to drastically fix in this way. There could be another way.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Uninstall all updates to Google Webview in the system app manager. That seems to be a very big issue lately, as previously alluded to. Uninstalling the latest updates seems to be nigh-panacea in effect.

Good luck.

OP
M

Manuel.95

Reaction score
Uninstall all updates to Google Webview in the system app manager. That seems to be a very big issue lately, as previously alluded to. Uninstalling the latest updates seems to be nigh-panacea in effect.

Good luck.
Thanks for your help. As i was saying I've no app called Google Webview or Android System Webview; i read that this should be a default app, could that be the problem since i don't have it installed?

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Thanks for your help. As i was saying I've no app called Google Webview or Android System Webview; i read that this should be a default app, could that be the problem since i don't have it installed?

It's a possibility since a lot of apps use System Webview to invoke the UI elements that run Material Design. I've been hearing some murmurs among XDA that you don't have to have it, but I haven't reached out to any rooted users to verify this. Normally this would be included in a GApps package if it was needed. Other than that you may have to push it through recovery.

OP
M

Manuel.95

Reaction score
It's a possibility since a lot of apps use System Webview to invoke the UI elements that run Material Design. I've been hearing some murmurs among XDA that you don't have to have it, but I haven't reached out to any rooted users to verify this. Normally this would be included in a GApps package if it was needed. Other than that you may have to push it through recovery.
I already cleared dalvik cache 2-3 times for this, if that was in the default package that should be installed by now. I tried to download the latest apk of the Android System Webview but apparently my phone doesn't recognize it as a proper package and doesn't install it.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I already cleared dalvik cache 2-3 times for this, if that was in the default package that should be installed by now. I tried to download the latest apk of the Android System Webview but apparently my phone doesn't recognize it as a proper package and doesn't install it.

Gotcha. I've been away from the rooting game awhile so forgive my ignorance. That means you have to push the application to the device itself. I'm not sure where you can find a good APK for it to push. However, here are the instructions on how to do it.

OP
M

Manuel.95

Reaction score
Gotcha. I've been away from the rooting game awhile so forgive my ignorance. That means you have to push the application to the device itself. I'm not sure where you can find a good APK for it to push. However, here are the instructions on how to do it.
Ok i did that but it didn't get installed. I was reading that this app is compatible for android version 5.0+ while my phone is 4.3.1, maybe my version didn't need the webview to make some app works.
By the way, since on my tablet (with my google account) both google play and whatsapp (with another number) works, i'm guessing it's my phone matter. I downloaded logcat and printed a log on my pc with ADB.

Searching com.android.vending i found many of these parts, all identical.

Code:
D/Finsky  (14515): [1] FinskyApp.onCreate: Clearing cache due to crash on previous run.

D/Volley  (14515): [1] DiskBasedCache.clear: Cache cleared.

D/Finsky  (14515): [1] FinskyApp.onCreate: Initializing network with DFE https://android.clients.google.com/fdfe/

D/Finsky  (14515): [1] DailyHygiene.goMakeHygieneIfDirty: Dirty, need more hygiene.

E/SQLiteLog(14515): (14) cannot open file at line 30199 of [00bb9c9ce4]

E/SQLiteLog(14515): (14) os_unix.c:30199: (5) open(/data/data/com.android.vending/databases/library.db) -

W/Settings(14515): Setting download_manager_max_bytes_over_mobile has moved from android.provider.Settings.Secure to android.provider.Settings.Global.

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515): Failed to open database '/data/data/com.android.vending/databases/library.db'.

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515): android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCantOpenDatabaseException: unknown error (code 14): Could not open database

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.nativeOpen(Native Method)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(SQLiteConnection.java:209)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(SQLiteConnection.java:193)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.openConnectionLocked(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:463)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.open(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:185)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.open(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:177)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openInner(SQLiteDatabase.java:804)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.open(SQLiteDatabase.java:789)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openDatabase(SQLiteDatabase.java:694)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.app.ContextImpl.openOrCreateDatabase(ContextImpl.java:934)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.content.ContextWrapper.openOrCreateDatabase(ContextWrapper.java:235)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.getDatabaseLocked(SQLiteOpenHelper.java:224)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.getWritableDatabase(SQLiteOpenHelper.java:164)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at com.google.android.finsky.library.SQLiteLibrary.reopen(SQLiteLibrary.java:244)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at com.google.android.finsky.library.LibraryLoader.loadBlocking(LibraryLoader.java:65)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at com.google.android.finsky.library.LibraryLoader$1.run(LibraryLoader.java:56)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:730)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)

W/dalvikvm(14515): threadid=25: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x418f37c0)

W/Settings(14515): Setting download_manager_recommended_max_bytes_over_mobile has moved from android.provider.Settings.Secure to android.provider.Settings.Global.

E/AndroidRuntime(14515): FATAL EXCEPTION: libraries-thread

E/AndroidRuntime(14515): android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCantOpenDatabaseException: unknown error (code 14): Could not open database

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.nativeOpen(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(SQLiteConnection.java:209)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(SQLiteConnection.java:193)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.openConnectionLocked(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:463)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.open(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:185)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.open(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:177)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openInner(SQLiteDatabase.java:804)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.open(SQLiteDatabase.java:789)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openDatabase(SQLiteDatabase.java:694)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at android.app.ContextImpl.openOrCreateDatabase(ContextImpl.java:934)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at android.content.ContextWrapper.openOrCreateDatabase(ContextWrapper.java:235)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.getDatabaseLocked(SQLiteOpenHelper.java:224)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.getWritableDatabase(SQLiteOpenHelper.java:164)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at com.google.android.finsky.library.SQLiteLibrary.reopen(SQLiteLibrary.java:244)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at com.google.android.finsky.library.LibraryLoader.loadBlocking(LibraryLoader.java:65)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at com.google.android.finsky.library.LibraryLoader$1.run(LibraryLoader.java:56)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:730)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)

E/AndroidRuntime(14515):     at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)

W/ActivityManager( 2277):   Force finishing activity com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.activities.AppCrashProxy

E/SQLiteLog(14515): (14) cannot open file at line 30199 of [00bb9c9ce4]

E/SQLiteLog(14515): (14) os_unix.c:30199: (5) open(/data/data/com.android.vending/databases/localappstate.db) -

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515): Failed to open database '/data/data/com.android.vending/databases/localappstate.db'.

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515): android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCantOpenDatabaseException: unknown error (code 14): Could not open database

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.nativeOpen(Native Method)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(SQLiteConnection.java:209)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(SQLiteConnection.java:193)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.openConnectionLocked(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:463)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.open(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:185)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.open(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:177)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openInner(SQLiteDatabase.java:804)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.open(SQLiteDatabase.java:789)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openDatabase(SQLiteDatabase.java:694)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.app.ContextImpl.openOrCreateDatabase(ContextImpl.java:934)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.content.ContextWrapper.openOrCreateDatabase(ContextWrapper.java:235)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.getDatabaseLocked(SQLiteOpenHelper.java:224)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.getWritableDatabase(SQLiteOpenHelper.java:164)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at com.google.android.finsky.appstate.SQLiteInstallerDataStore.reopen(SQLiteInstallerDataStore.java:181)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at com.google.android.finsky.appstate.SQLiteInstallerDataStore.getAll(SQLiteInstallerDataStore.java:209)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at com.google.android.finsky.appstate.WriteThroughInstallerDataStore.load(WriteThroughInstallerDataStore.java:54)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at com.google.android.finsky.appstate.AppStates.blockingLoad(AppStates.java:74)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at com.google.android.finsky.receivers.InstallerImpl$1.doInBackground(InstallerImpl.java:160)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at com.google.android.finsky.receivers.InstallerImpl$1.doInBackground(InstallerImpl.java:142)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:287)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:234)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at android.os.AsyncTask$SerialExecutor$1.run(AsyncTask.java:230)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1080)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:573)

E/SQLiteDatabase(14515):     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)

W/dalvikvm(14515): threadid=26: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x418f37c0)

I/Process (14515): Sending signal. PID: 14515 SIG: 9

W/InputMethodManagerService( 2277): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@4279ef78 attribute=null, token = android.os.BinderProxy@42b39518

I/ActivityManager( 2277): Process com.android.vending (pid 14515) has died.

W/InputMethodManagerService( 2277): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@4213dc98 attribute=null, token = android.os.BinderProxy@42b39518

I/ActivityManager( 2277): Start proc com.android.vending for service com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.services.DailyHygiene: pid=14550 uid=10064 gids={50064, 3003, 1015, 1028}

Before that there's sometimes something regarding whatsapp

Code:
W/ActivityManager( 2277):   Force finishing activity com.whatsapp/.Main

I/WindowManager( 2277): Screenshot max retries 4 of Token{41f31530 ActivityRecord{427d51d8 u0 com.whatsapp/.Main}} appWin=Window{42392418 u0 Starting com.whatsapp} drawState=4

W/WindowManager( 2277): Screenshot failure taking screenshot for (720x1280) to layer 21045

W/ActivityManager( 2277): Activity pause timeout for ActivityRecord{427d51d8 u0 com.whatsapp/.Main}

I/ActivityManager( 2277): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.APP_ERROR flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.activities.AppCrashProxy (has extras)} from pid 2277

W/InputMethodManagerService( 2277): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@42b00748 attribute=null, token = android.os.BinderProxy@42b39518

I/ActivityManager( 2277): Start proc com.android.vending for activity com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.activities.AppCrashProxy: pid=14515 uid=10064 gids={50064, 3003, 1015, 1028}

I/ActivityManager( 2277): Process com.whatsapp (pid 14486) has died.

I may try to post a summarized reviewed log online (with a reboot before so i can open the two processes one time and all my personal information removed) if someone can understand something that can help me

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Ok i did that but it didn't get installed. I was reading that this app is compatible for android version 5.0+ while my phone is 4.3.1, maybe my version didn't need the webview to make some app works.

Whoops...you are absolutely right. Should've asked you that. Yeah WebView is only for 5.0+ devices. So axe that altogether.

OP
M

Manuel.95

Reaction score
Update: I 90% fixed this. I don't really know what the problem was but i'm guessing a faulty installation on my phone. I had to uninstall definitely with Titanium backup Google play store from the default apps, and re-installing it from the backup i did with that app. The Play Store was recovered, and with simple taps on the build version i updated it again. For whatsapp i did a similar thing but i created the backup of the data so all my conversations were saved. I uninstalled it from the app (Titanium) and re-installed it with the original data. I proceeded to update all my google services again and fixed my problem.

I'm writing this down so if someone has the same problem can resolve it.

I noticed with titanium backup that there were some apps, including youtube that got uninstalled, and couldn't be re-installed again because in the /data/data/packagename there were faulty files (even in this case). The only thing to do is to R/W the package name and rename it with another name (it has to not have sense). At the next installation of that app, there are no faulty files because you renamed the entire folder and you can install it.
The only downside of it is that there's a senseless name folder in the /data/data/ that cannot be deleted (it gives an I/O error, probably because you can't really delete a "file" that is running). I'm suggesting to delete that from recovery+ADB so the phone is turned off and there are no power error. I really don't know if that could continue in a phone brick (because you deleted a system folder) so i'll try that in a more calm situation where i have to format my phone and i can backup all my apps and data.

Thanks to the forum for giving me advices and suggestions.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
My bad on the Webview issue. I have it on my 4.4.4 phone, so I assumed it was on yours as well.

Glad to hear you got the play store working, at least.