Cracked screen on two day old Samsung Galaxy S3

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I was expecting gorilla and instead got wimpy chimp LOL...oh well.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I still can't believe this is so unacknowledged.

I dropped my phone TWICE at the gym yesterday. Once on the rower as I was going back and the other while on the treadmill. It literally fell out of my pocket, landed on the treadmill and was carried back and fell on the floor, face down the whole time. Also I'm 6'2. Still looks new.

I can't recommend screen protectors enough people. With the "random crack" break I don't know if anything could help that because it's clearly a defect, but for protection, even from those small drops....I understand not wanting one, but a) SP technology has come along way, for most of them you can't even tell it's there and b) glass technology has a long way to go. Maybe in a few years you can wear your phone nekkid with no cares, but at this point it's way too risky. $15 will get you a basic screen protector and a snap on back case to protect your corners, which will add maybe the width of a credit card to the back, if that. It will also cover the edges of the SP so you can't see the outline. Is a $250-$600 device really not worth protecting? Especially when you can make it so you can hardly tell a difference?

Edit: Or you'll be like me. And wear your phone nekkid forever until that one day it finally drops and shatters. Then you'll realize it's not worth it AND YOU'LL ALWAYS WORRY ABOUT IT FROM THERE ON OUT!

Last edited:

oDECREEx

Reaction score
OP: I'm sorry for your problem.. It has go to be some type of defect. I've dropped my s3 4-6 times one night, onto hardwood floor, from 2-3 feet off a bed in a single night.. Not So much as a scratch on the back cover. But, also I am actually a best buy employee, and the protection we offer is great.. Accidental drops normal wear and tear.. Spilling of things on it.. Anything really except driving over it is covered.. No deductible.. I've seen iPhones bent in half that we've take.. $10/ month.. But like I said.. Some type of defect has got to be on hand.. I don't understand..

kparks

Reaction score
OP: I'm sorry for your problem.. It has go to be some type of defect. I've dropped my s3 4-6 times one night, onto hardwood floor, from 2-3 feet off a bed in a single night.. Not So much as a scratch on the back cover. But, also I am actually a best buy employee, and the protection we offer is great.. Accidental drops normal wear and tear.. Spilling of things on it.. Anything really except driving over it is covered.. No deductible.. I've seen iPhones bent in half that we've take.. $10/ month.. But like I said.. Some type of defect has got to be on hand.. I don't understand..

Well my s3 hit the blacktop today from waist hight. screen protector and in a full case with flip cover and u guessed it screen is absolutely shattered never again will i buy samsung its been defective since day 1 and its now defective with a shattered screen can't bring myself to pay the 100$ deductible and replace this POS cuz i hate it!! when HTC releases a phone with decent storage I'll be picking that up!

micesky

Reaction score
If you really want the screen fixed you have a couple of options.
1. you could attempt to replace the glass screen yourself (at your own risk)
2. If you have asurion they give a $99 deductible for a new samsung s3 all you have to do is visit their website or give them a call

I suggest number 2 if you're inexperience with replacing screens

n2_edmond

Reaction score
Mine fell 6 inches out of my back pocket a few days after having it and shattered. That was it's first fall. I didnt have a case on it yet, and I probably wasnt going to get one since I had the original S4G for years and never had so much as a scratch on the screen. I could throw that thing against a cement wall right now and it still wouldnt shatter. Since then I got an Otterbox case, which seems really durable but I didnt get the thinnest lightest phone to put a brick on it just to protect it. You cant tell I have the new Titanium, let alone that its a Samsung. I have insurance, but it makes me sick to have to spend another $130 deductible on a phone I paid $600 for. Samsung initially quoted me $160 to send it to them to fix. I hear the same thing from TMobile about how it isnt covered under Warranty. Ive been in back and forth emails with Samsung and I get the standard response of how they are sorry I am unhappy. Its bull. I signed the petition posted above. Hopefully they will take some responsibility for making a POS and do something about it.

Ensquared will insure all devices up to 90 days old against lost, theft and damage. $58.99 for one year and $99.99 for two years. $75 deductible.