Court bans Samsung from selling older smartphones

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
SAMSUNG-GALAXY-S3-4.jpg

In the latest round of the Apple vs Samsung patent war, US District Judge Lucy Koh on Monday granted an Apple motion for permanent injunction against devices that use technology covered by patents Samsung was found to be infringing on.

Those devices now banned from sale in the US include the Admire, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch, Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Galaxy S3, and Stratosphere.

I'm not sure how much it matters as none of these phones have been available for some time now..

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In a sense, this is Apple flexing their muscles. Samsung can respond in laughter.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Maybe I should take better care of this S3 that I'm carrying around while my 6P is out for repairs. Could be a collector's item...

Sounds like no big deal though. The newest of those phones is old by just about any standard.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Maybe I should take better care of this S3 that I'm carrying around while my 6P is out for repairs. Could be a collector's item...

Sounds like no big deal though. The newest of those phones is old by just about any standard.
What happened to your 6P?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
What happened to your 6P?
Spontaneous hairline crack on the back glass. Not as bad as some others that have been reported/claimed to be spontaneous, but Huawei was gracious enough to tell me they'd fix it even though it's not covered under warranty.

It was barely noticeable. Could almost be a scratch...and maybe I overreacted after seeing stories of them shattering for no reason. I thought it was just a mark when I was wiping dust off the glass. But it's there. I could've lived with it, but figured it was in my best interest to see if they'd do anything about it. Since they said they would, I took them up on it, since I promised the wife that I'd not upgrade again for at least 2 years this time. :/

I had to send them pictures of every side of the device and the damage. It was hard to get a good picture of the crack, but you can see it in the thread below.

Some Nexus 6P's back camera glass spontaneously shattering?

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Bummer, but thanks for the update...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Like I said, could be a lot worse. Didn't affect the functionality of the camera or anything. Knowing my luck, they'll repair it this time and then it'll break worse later and they'll tell me I'm out of luck...

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have yet to see anything that those phones have that even remotely looks like Apple?
The whole case was a bad joke.
Apple steals. Apple sues. Apple asks for injunction.....

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I'm telling ya, Sammy. Stop doing stuff for them! They are like that bully from high school. Keeps taking money from you and cheating off you yet you still do his homework for him. Shame.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk