Could i have damaged my Droid?

tornato7

Reaction score
I downloaded Bugless Beast V2.1 late last night and while it was booting up i... Fell asleep at my desk. I woke up 9 hours later to find that it was still booting and the eye was still there. The back light and animation were running all night. After i took out the battery to get it to stop booting, the notification LED at the top turned red (it was plugged in). Could this have damaged my droid in anyway? It seems fine now, though (i restored back to stock 2.2)

brando56894

Reaction score
im 99.9% sure your in the clear :) these things are nearly impossible to damage, the only real things that will hurt it are a screwed up flash with RSD lite, which will completely brick your droid and (extremely) high cpu temps for long times (150F+, even though the "meltdown" point for the omap is supposed to be around like 220F IIRC)

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
im 99.9% sure your in the clear :) these things are nearly impossible to damage, the only real things that will hurt it are a screwed up flash with RSD lite, which will completely brick your droid and (extremely) high cpu temps for long times (150F+, even though the "meltdown" point for the omap is supposed to be around like 220F IIRC)
Yeah there hasn't been many reports of a real bricked Droid yet. That's why Droid Does.

Sent from my Droid

Taegost

Reaction score
Yeah there hasn't been many reports of a real bricked Droid yet. That's why Droid Does.

Sent from my Droid

I think Tanknspank bricked his, which I believe is why he's on the Rescue Squad :)

jlaidlaw

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

I think Tanknspank bricked his, which I believe is why he's on the Rescue Squad :)
Yeah and I think Pete said he also bricked his Droid in a tweet a week or two ago. I bet both scenarios they were doing experimental stuff way higher than most people's intelligence of Droid and Linux.

Sent from my Droid

Jason1976

Reaction score
give them time and someone will come up a way to recover a bricked droid.

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
Doubtful seeing as a bricked Droid is a Droid that can't access recovery or bootloader.

Sent from my Droid

Jason1976

Reaction score
Doubtful seeing as a bricked Droid is a Droid that can't access recovery or bootloader.

Sent from my Droid

I bricked a external dvdrw drive once and someone made a program to force feed a firmware to it with the usb. someone may find a way to force feed software to the droid with a usb cable or something.