Costco Will Take Pre-Orders for Samsung Stealth on Mar 24, May Launch April 7

alant40

Reaction score
Samsung is horrible at updating their devices.. No thanks

You are so right!! I just picked up my TB and passed on my Fascinate to my wife. She loves it especially after coming from the Samsung Rogue, which is ancient to me. As for updates, they suck! She doesn't know Froyo from Tokyo! I did, which was one of the reasons I wanted the TB...

I'll bet the TB sees Gingerbread before Froyo hits the Fascinate...

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Good. The sooner this comes out, the sooner the Bionic will as well. I still have my money on the 4/28 for the Bionic. :)

vzdroid13

Reaction score
That's so not fair!!! Why wasn't the Thunderbolt a "DROID". That makes a phone like twice as cool.

sent from my Thunderbolt

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Spec-wise this seems almost identical to the TBolt. So no thank you, especially given Samsung's history of pushing updates.

Probably the Bionic for me. Although it would be nice if the D3 or DX2 or one of the other phones due later this summer had LTE, but my guess is they are offering those to keep costs down and provide otherwise top-of-the-line features to people who don't have LTE or don't need it.

I just imagine a lot of ticked off customers when they get LTE in their area a few months after they buy a 3G phone and discover they are SOL.

kyler13

Reaction score
Wow. If true, same sh*t different year for Verizon. HTC has the software support, Samsung the screen, and Motorola the processor. Sadly, the HTC seems marginal over the EVO design, the Samsung is using a 2010 processor, and I have no desire to have to put up with another pentile matrix display with the Bionic. Perhaps if they wouldn't test phones for 6 months ad nauseum, they wouldn't be releasing 6 month older hardware when everyone else is innovating. This just made up my mind not to exercise my annual upgrade at the end of April as nothing is worth it. I'll gladly wait until the end of the year.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm hoping these specs on the Droid Stealth are incorrect. Several other sources have it listed as Dual Core so who knows at this point.

As I said above Verizon needs to get off their butts and get us some good equipment and fast. This is just ridiculous.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
As others have said I'll keep my HTC Thunderbolt... Samsung is HORRIBLE with support and updates to their phones and HTC has always been great when I've had them....

As to those of you whining about not being a 'dual-core'... seriously... the single core Thunderbolt is plenty fast out of the box with all the bloatware lagging it down, just wait until some nice ROMs hit, and the battery life is HORRIFIC... care to guess how much worse battery life will be on a dual-core, don't plan on being off of a charger more than a couple of hours (if that)... just relax, and breath and remember IT'S A PHONE!!!, lol:icon_ banana:

52brandon

Reaction score
As others have said I'll keep my HTC Thunderbolt... Samsung is HORRIBLE with support and updates to their phones and HTC has always been great when I've had them....

As to those of you whining about not being a 'dual-core'... seriously... the single core Thunderbolt is plenty fast out of the box with all the bloatware lagging it down, just wait until some nice ROMs hit, and the battery life is HORRIFIC... care to guess how much worse battery life will be on a dual-core, don't plan on being off of a charger more than a couple of hours (if that)... just relax, and breath and remember IT'S A PHONE!!!, lol:icon_ banana:
I was under the impression dual-cores got better battery life for the speed... you're just running double the speed, should be good to go if you turn it down

Big Ry

Reaction score

I was under the impression dual-cores got better battery life for the speed... you're just running double the speed, should be good to go if you turn it down

It runs at whatever speed it needs to run at. So with two cores, itll get the job done quicker and at a lower clock speed per core. Therefore, you should expect better battery life out of a dual core.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Big Ry

Reaction score
Btw, of this is a dual core, I may jump on out instead of the bolt. Poor update support sucks, but I'm really impressed by samsungs' fluidity and screens...not that I dislike htc's. Moto is dead to me though.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

badgers0048

Reaction score
So is the lack of updates the one big issue people are having with Samsung? Anything else about Samsung phones that aren't good?

rmwheeler

Reaction score
I'm hoping these specs on the Droid Stealth are incorrect. Several other sources have it listed as Dual Core so who knows at this point.

As I said above Verizon needs to get off their butts and get us some good equipment and fast. This is just ridiculous.

It looks to me like Verizon wants their flagship dual core device to be the iPhone 5

Sent from my ADR6400L

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
It wouldn't be so bad with the updates if their phones had more cyanogen support, I guess they are hard to compile for, then you could root and be on the latest and greatest without Samsung. Too bad because they have such nice screens and specs, Oh well...

kyler13

Reaction score

The thunderbolt has a next gen qualcomm processor. It's not like HTC is putting the same old silicon as the did in the incredible or evo. If these specs are true, it would suggest Samsung is recycling last year's hardware. How you can push out a slightly upgraded fascinate a month and a half after introducing the galaxy s2 to the world is beyond me.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

It looks to me like Verizon wants their flagship dual core device to be the iPhone 5

Sent from my ADR6400L
Precisely.

Putting the Stealth out with a 1GHZ single core processor from last year is mind boggling when its "brother" is loaded with all the goodies. Verizon is doing a great job of giving us sup par Android equipment. Thank you Verizon!!! Keep it up! I for one am very happy that I see no reason to buy an Android device on your network. Thank you again.

Droid--->ether--->this thread