Corporate Sync Email doesn't give notifications

ChampD1012

Reaction score
Using the Corporate Sync for your email will not give you notifications for it even when it is activated. The Motoblur Messages Widget updates with new messages but I rarely receive the notifications for messages for Email.

The GMAIL app is fine. I receive my notifications as I go. Anybody else seeing this issue?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
use K-9 email (on the market for free)

had it on my droid for my schools email (exchange) and it worked great. havent put it on the DX yet tho

wnrussell

Reaction score
Touchdown is my choice for Exchange. The native email app doesn't allow signatures.

Mule65

Reaction score
Using the Corporate Sync for your email will not give you notifications for it even when it is activated. The Motoblur Messages Widget updates with new messages but I rarely receive the notifications for messages for Email.

The GMAIL app is fine. I receive my notifications as I go. Anybody else seeing this issue?

I have the same issue. I have unread email at my work email address (Corporate Sync Account w/Push on) and I don't get any notification. When opening the Messaging app (aka Universal Inbox) the account w/red count indicator shows messages. Seems to be working fine except for must have notification. I need a fix in . . . . 28 days. Not interested in 3rd party resolution. Thanks.

Last edited:

Inkog

Reaction score
Touchdown is my choice for Exchange. The native email app doesn't allow signatures.

Native coorp email does support signatures.

Edit - I'm also getting notifications of new emails from coorp configured exchange account. Did you enable notifications for this account? I think it was off by default.

Last edited:

Mule65

Reaction score

Native coorp email does support signatures.

Edit - I'm also getting notifications of new emails from coorp configured exchange account. Did you enable notifications for this account? I think it was off by default.

I removed and re-added my corp sync account to no avail. Default is notification on, BTW. But I get nada, just like OP.

Inkog

Reaction score
Does your exchange environment support push? If so did you enable it? If your only pulling down new mail by syncing, you'll never get a notification.

Mule65

Reaction score
Does your exchange environment support push? If so did you enable it? If your only pulling down new mail by syncing, you'll never get a notification.

Yes, it worked on my old Droid.

bryanluvgod

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue as the OP. My boss and I just got new Droid X phones. We started out using the trial version of Touchdown and with that, I was getting push messages everytime and notified of every email that arrived via sound and vibration.

Boss has decided that we're not going to go with a full version of Touchdown. He has since removed Touchdown and set up his email via Corporate Sync. He is still getting push email and notifications fine on that account. I, on the other hand, am not. I've uninstalled Touchdown and set up Corporate Sync. I've verified that I have push messaging and notifications via sound and vibration all turned on. I do not have "Sync over wi-fi only" checked.

The messages still are being pushed as I get them quickly, but there is absolutely no notification of them arriving. This will not work. As an IT service provider, I need instant notification of messages arriving.

Any suggestions to get Corporate Sync working?

Thanks,

-Bryan

ClarkD

Reaction score
Like so many others, I can't get Corporate Sync to talk to our Exchange Server. I have not had this problem with any other Droid models or iPhones. PPTP VPN's won't work either. The demo copy of Touchdown works great however. I'm hoping this is all fixed when Froyo 2.2 rolls out which is rumoured for August 6th. If not, I'm giving this DX back to Verizon!

Mule65

Reaction score
Like so many others, I can't get Corporate Sync to talk to our Exchange Server. I have not had this problem with any other Droid models or iPhones. PPTP VPN's won't work either. The demo copy of Touchdown works great however. I'm hoping this is all fixed when Froyo 2.2 rolls out which is rumoured for August 6th. If not, I'm giving this DX back to Verizon!

I found a crude but effective free workaround using the original Droid exchange email app for only email and the X's Corp Sync for only calendar.

The procedure isn't too hard and notifications work perfectly. Here's the link.

dancedroid