Corporate Sync -- Cannot connect to server

pcpimp

Reaction score
Just purchased the Droid 3 today. I am an avid Droid owner as I had the original Droid and Droid 2 previously. I did not have issues with corporate sync until the Droid 3. After reading the forums on the net, I finally figured I would call Motorola directly as no one was having any luck. The issue is with the Gingerbread release that is loaded on the Droid X and Droid 3.

Here is the solution that works!

1. Set up corporate sync with your gmail account first using the following....
(Username) enter your gmail email
(Email) enter your gmail email
(server) enter m.google.com

2. Accept and save the account.

3. open Settings ~ Accounts ~ and the account you just created.

4. Modify all of the account settings to reflect your actual corporate account.

5. Save....

Viola!

I spent over an hour on the phone with Motorola and it was well worth it! Please try this solution and enjoy!

Thanks it worked!!!!! My wife is happy :) Also got it rooted now waiting on some custom rom goodness....lol!

shanon2023

Reaction score
I've set up corporate sync with my gmail account and still can't get it work. Once I try to edit the existing account I'm receiving an error: 'Could not connect to server' !?

I am having the same issue - went through all of the above steps and still nothing is working - any more suggestions?

killianss

Reaction score
Im in the same boat nothing works for me, still get the server not found; this is pretty infuriating especially since I can configure the gfs droid incredible no problem at all. So the issue is definitely this moto phone(x2), i really think im done with moto this is s a persistant issue and it seems that they don't care.

azr71

Reaction score
I got it to work.. thanks.. this is my 6th Droid (droid x, droid x, droid x2, droid 2, droid x2, droid x2 [current]).. in the past 1.25 yrs. Have had most of the phones in the past 4months. Worked with VZ, Corporate and Motorola helpdesk.. guess what resolved it... This posting!! What a pain!! Have spent close to 12hours on the phone since Jan 2. even went to the stores. anyway.. got it to work..

Got the GMAIL accound on the phone with corporate sync first. {not sure if you need to remove the gmail account first if you have it from the activation - but i used another gmail account so i had both when the gmail was linked to the corporate sync}.
Once I got that.. i went to modify. at first it did not work..
I did forget one thing - the domain name for the exchange server.
In the "Update Account" screen it does not ask for a domain name so i had to add it to the user id... so for example if my user id is johns1125 and my domain is "namsales"
I had to input "namsales\johns1125" [with the back slash]. that seemed to work.

hope this helps.

AZ

goodvaluecenter

Reaction score
Droid X2 - adding a new phone to Exchange 2007 Error on phone "Can't connect to serve

Just solved this problem.

Exchange 2007 – Can’t add a new Droid X2 corporate synch account to phone. Exchange 2007. When creating new account I get the following Error “Can’t connect to server” or Can’t add a non-provisioned device”

Solution:

On SBS2008 Server running Exchange 2007, go to exchange management consule and Create a new active sync policy (just name it leave defaults) apply it to their account under their account properties then go back and reapply the old one.

izilladotcom

Reaction score
Thank you!!

I just got the Droid 4 after finally upgrading from the Droid1 and was getting really frustrated with how difficult it was to set this up. Thank you SOO much for figuring this out.

**Note to other people having problems. This will not work if you try and enter a duplicate email into the Corporate Sync set up. I had to use a different gmail account I had, and it worked just fine once I did that. You should also have [email protected] in both the Domain and Username fields, as they're called in the Droid 4 set up. Hope this helps!

leighpea57

Reaction score
It works!! Thank you!

Just purchased the Droid 3 today. I am an avid Droid owner as I had the original Droid and Droid 2 previously. I did not have issues with corporate sync until the Droid 3. After reading the forums on the net, I finally figured I would call Motorola directly as no one was having any luck. The issue is with the Gingerbread release that is loaded on the Droid X and Droid 3.

Here is the solution that works!

1. Set up corporate sync with your gmail account first using the following....
(Username) enter your gmail email
(Email) enter your gmail email
(server) enter m.google.com

2. Accept and save the account.

3. open Settings ~ Accounts ~ and the account you just created.

4. Modify all of the account settings to reflect your actual corporate account.

5. Save....

Viola!

I spent over an hour on the phone with Motorola and it was well worth it! Please try this solution and enjoy!

Thanks so much for sharing this! I have a Motorola Droid X2 and this worked perfect to solve my problem with connecting to the server. This has to be a glitch in the software but if it works, I don't care how. This should be posted on the Verizon website troubleshooting!

aamaya83

Reaction score
It could be your Exchange settings too...

I was having the same issue, cept slightly different message. Kept on saying login failure. The problem ended up being in the Exchange server. On the user's Properties, there is a tab called "Mailbox Features." The Exchange Activesync option was disabled. I re-enabled the option and after a few minutes, the phone synced up and everything is working. Hope this helps.