1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Converting DVD's to DROID?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Gigarip1, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Gigarip1

Gigarip1 New Member

I have searched, but have not found an app that will allow me to copy a dvd from laptop to my DROID. Does anybody know of one?
  2. beyondlife

beyondlife New Member

I am told handbrake is a good application for converting DVDs to other formats for your PC. I haven't tested all the media players for droid so I don't know what formats are supported. This app might be worth a shot though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

DVD Catalyst 3 works wonders...
  4. bacchus71

bacchus71 New Member

5. ironosity

ironosity New Member

I'll second dvd catalyst! I tried many options before going with it. The free version dvd catalyst free, is very simple and easy to use. I purchased the full version to have more control and more format options all in one piece but for just viewing them on the droid grab the free version and try it out.
  6. Gigarip1

Gigarip1 New Member

Thanks for all the help. Now if I can just figure out how to use Navigation on this thing?!
  7. Gigarip1

Gigarip1 New Member

I have copied the movie to my computer using DVD Catalyst, now how do I copy it to my phone? When I connect the phone via usb it is not recognized?
  8. ironosity

ironosity New Member

assuming you have copied the movie in a format your droid can play, just plug your droid into ur computer via usb. At this point under windows it should show up in my computer under another drive name. Now navigate to where you want to store videos on your sdcard and drag the file over. Then to play it, it should show up in your gallery app. Just click play on it.
  9. jbadams007

jbadams007 New Member

Google search for "DVD to Droid". It is free and works like a charm. If you run it while your MotoDroid is hooked via usb it will automatically move the mp4 file to your gallery.
  10. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Did you mount the SD card?