Windows DVD converter

jhietter

Reaction score
Hola - Just wanted to get a feel for what other Droid users were converting their videos with. I stopped playing with DVDs a couple of years ago, but back then I was using DVD Ripper & DVD Shrink. What are the best tools out there today? Now that I have the Droid, I'd like to start converting a few for trips, etc.
Thanks,
John

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP
J

jhietter

Reaction score
Thank you both! Super looks pretty cool. I find it interesting that they recommend DVD Decrypter as that's what I used to use and the last release was 5 years ago. Hard to believe there's not a better freeware ripper out there. I think the ripper is what I was looking for the most. Well I'll see if it rips current movies...

Sleeve

Reaction score
The better stuff isn't free because the encoding and copy protection have gotten much more complicated. It took me 15 apps to find one that could produce digital copies of AC-3 audio DD5.1. Everything I found before that would stereo downmix, which is fine for a mobile device but not my purpose. Catalyst is good for mobile devices, but there's a mobile option in the app I use for loading my DVDs onto my NAS/tversity setup. Now I just need that DLNA client on Android...

Check the audio/video forum here for more info on these topics.

kevdog

Reaction score
AnyDVD for the ripper. That's about the only "DVD Decrypter" equivalent I can think of. Thank god I still have that program prior to it being taken down. I can't believe it actually still works on most Discs!! That program was light years ahead of its time.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
I would also give DVD Catalyst two very big thumbs up. Best 10 bucks I have spent for my phone to date. If you want easy conversions it has it. If you want to get fast and fancy with settings, it has it. And the developer is very prompt with emails. I had a non-specific, sort of theoretical question outside the scope of normal use, and got a very detailed reply.

Craig

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
for people who use linux, acidrip dvd ripper. it's free (as is most software on linux)...seriously people, install linux! hahaa