Convert nandroid backup to update.zip

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
adb pull is what I was trying to get him to do.

-reading about unyaffs it only pulls images.

If you want to turn everything into an update.zip, I still think your going to have to use AndroidSDK, and adb commands...(please correct me if im wrong)

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
adb would have been easier ("adb pull /system" and your done) however he was asking about using a nandroid.... End up with the same result either way, just one way is more of a pain than the other.

Theres no time where you have to use the sdk/adb to turn something into a zip. Its the nice thing about using cwr, you dont have to sign zips so all you have to do is drop the files into an unzipped update.zip from a custom rom, edit the updater-script if needed and zip it then you can flash it.

OP
S

STEPx1503

Reaction score
Noob question- what is the updater-script? The screen during setup that tells you its extracting system, apps, etc?

OP
S

STEPx1503

Reaction score
Not really.... It doesnt have the kernel update, the baseband update, or the radio update. Also, you can only flash it via CWR, not stock recovery.

So, if I replace the files in a update.zip or any rom in general, and rezip would somebody on 2.3.330 be able to flash my zip and be updated to rooted gb/cm7?

OP
S

STEPx1503

Reaction score
So no one knows? Damn... guess ill head over to rootzwiki or xda haha. Sad day.

xCorps

Reaction score
I'm very interested in this idea, and I've subscribed this topic. o_o

Sent from my Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx running JellyBean 4.1.2 RAGE ROM 2.8.

Last edited: