controlling music from droid in car

ecirish

Reaction score
I've been looking for something like this for a while too. But since the Jabra seems to be in short supply, does anyone know any other devices that can do the same thing. The remote functionality is really all I need.

Guurzak

Reaction score
If I went with this solution, I assume a phone call would come over the speakers; however, wouldn't I need to unplug for the caller to hear my voice?

The call will come over the speakers as long as you are listening to the phone audio. If you are listening to the radio or some other source, you will need to switch to the phone source to listen to calls over the audio system.

You will not need to unplug the phone for the caller to hear because the phone only switches the audio output to the headphone plug while connected, the audio input stays live on the phone's mic.

But won't the other caller get awful echo when his own voice hits the car speakers and is then picked up by the phone mic? Or is the Droid smart enough to cancel the echo?

Cowpoke

Reaction score
If I went with this solution, I assume a phone call would come over the speakers; however, wouldn't I need to unplug for the caller to hear my voice?

The call will come over the speakers as long as you are listening to the phone audio. If you are listening to the radio or some other source, you will need to switch to the phone source to listen to calls over the audio system.

You will not need to unplug the phone for the caller to hear because the phone only switches the audio output to the headphone plug while connected, the audio input stays live on the phone's mic.

But won't the other caller get awful echo when his own voice hits the car speakers and is then picked up by the phone mic? Or is the Droid smart enough to cancel the echo?

It cancels it, same principle as speakerphone.

PetrolHead

Reaction score

It cancels it, same principle as speakerphone.

It does, but unfortunately you have to mount the phone somewhat close to your face in order for the person on the other end to hear you. It's my only complaint.

drew892008

Reaction score
Bluetooth stereo - love it

I have a JVC deck, model KD BT1. It has bluetooth connectivity and works really well. I bought it two years ago and used it with my blackberry pearl and it works just as well with the Droid. When I start my truck it automatically connects to my DROID and all i have to do is select a song for it to start playing. If I get a phone call, whether I am listening to AM, FM, CD, USB port it cuts the music and chimes. I press a button on the deck and it answers the phone. There is a small mic that clips onto the visor and incoming audio goes through the speakers. Stereo comes with a remote that I know for sure when used would skip songs on the blackberry, but the remote batteries are dead right now so I have not tried it with my driod yet.:motdroidhoriz: